Adding a menu item for a new custom page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a menu item for a new custom page

I created a new custom page per this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177847. How do I add a link in the nav bar for this new page?

thanks in advance,

See this thread.

Comment

That thread didn't help. The advice shows how to add a new navbar link but only for something that has a URL. What do I put in the "URL" section of the code to lead people to the new custom template?

thanks in advance

Comment

A custom template is just a custom template, if you want to display it that requires additional coding which we cannot provide support for.

Comment

If that is the case then why was this thread even answered?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177847

I had asked how to create a page with my own content within vB. Is this possible or not?

Comment

Ah, sorry thought you were going for something else.

<a href="misc.php?do=page&template=MYPAGE">Link</a>

Now where do you want to add this said link?

Comment

I would like to add the link to the new page anywhere in my navbar.

thx

Comment

Any answer to my question? I would like to add the link to the new page anywhere in my navbar.

thanks in advance

Comment

Find
                  HTML Code:
                  <!-- nav buttons bar -->
                  <div align="center">
                  	<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px">
                  	<tr align="center">

Add under
                  HTML Code:
                  <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="Link">Title</a></td>

Comment

And do I place the code you specified above in post #6 where is says "link" above?

Comment

Add misc.php?do=page&template=MYPAGE to where it says link in poist name and add the title of your link where it says title.

Comment

Still didn't work.

My custom page's name is custom_aboutus. The link I put into my navbar was:

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="<a href="misc.php?do=page&template=custom_aboutus">About Us</a></td>

As of right now there is a link in my navbar that just takes me to an error page.

thx

Comment

Let me see please

If you look at yuour code

You repeated the first bit, <a href="<a href remove <a href= once/

Comment

<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="misc.php?do=page&template=custom_aboutus"> About Us</a></td>

Comment

I think we're getting closer. I put in the code above into my navbar templete and now then I click on the "about us" link I get this error message on the new page:

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php(4314) : eval()'d code on line 98

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X