Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads Subscriptions Not Working

Hi, folks!

For several version releases now (I believe since the 3.5 upgrade) our forum's threads subscription page has not functioned.

http://forum.gateworld.net/subscript...cription&t=123

The "Add Subscription" button doesn't do anything. The only work-around we've found to allow members to subscribe is to check the box on the post editor page.

Have I missed a template update for this page?

A second issue that I suspect may be template upgrade-related:

Several members are unable to start a new thread, and some unable to post at all, because they are getting a minimum character limit warning. I've set the minimum characters per post to 1 -- and the text they type isn't in a QUOTE tag, no. There doesn't seem to be any clear rhyme or reason as to why this is affecting only these certain members (one of whom is a moderator).

Thanks!
    Last edited by DarrenS; Mon 13 Mar '06, 4:25pm.

First problem... do you have this problem on the default style? There are several required template changes in 3.5.x. You should try to reproduce the problem on the default style to see if that is the problem.

Second problem... is the problem reproducible? Do you have the problem? I have never heard of this problem before, unless it is truly because they are below the minimum.

Comment

1) It's a custom style -- I'll give it a try in default. (Is there an easy way to access the default profile without converting the entire forum?)

2) I haven't encountered the minimum character error myself, but it's been reported by probably dozens of members over the last few months.

Comment

1) Create a new style with no parent:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Style

Then click on the name of that style in your Style Manager to view your forum with that style.

2) It's hard to fix a problem that can't be reproduced.

Comment

Thanks! That helped me do an easy side-by-side comparison of the templates.

The culprit is this old tag at the top of the subscribe_choosetype bit:

Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="do" value="addsubscription" />
          The new version is:

Code:
          <input type="hidden" name="do" value="doaddsubscription" />

Comment

As for problem #2, can anyone give me a hint as to which style bit (if there is one) might be involved in the performance of the minimum character check? If it's not a depricated style / template problem, I don't know where else to look.

Comment

You might try the new posting templates like newreply, newthread, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X