Creating a new style yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a new style yourself

I have tried a couple of graphical modifications over time but really want to be able to do my own custom skin from start to finish. I did this myself.

http://www.ww2talk.com and it was okay but I want to be able to do better.

So can anyone chip into this thread with some hints and tips me and everyone else that wants to do thier own skins.

Starting with the design itself, I see lots of people supplying psd files for vb skins, do they just make that from scratch or use a template??

ideas and suggestions welcome.

Lee

"PSD" is a photoshop file. Photoshop is a popular graphics program (not free).

Comment

Sorry, misunderstood.

I know all about PSD's and photoshop.

What I meant was how do you create the forum within the PSD, when you look at these templates, they already look like VB forums, with category names, text, etc... How do they do that?

Is that from scratch? Do you take a screenshot of a default VB install, copy it to photoshop and then overlay your new design on top?

Comment

Usually it involves creating the layout graphics, and then carefully slicing them up into chunks that will fit into HTML tables. It isn't easy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X