Navbar Drop Downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navbar Drop Downs

Is it possible to make the title of a dropdown menu clickable? For instance if I have the title Photo Gallery and the drop down under it says, Dogs, Cats, Birds. How and CAN I make Photo Gallery a link? As well as the drop downs under it?

Also can I put drop down under drop downs? You know, like a root, then sub, then sub sub, etc.

Also if I wanted to place dropdowns under forum, what would the proper code be for this? I've tried doing so, but it will not work. It seems like the forum code is in more than one place and that might be the reason for it not working. I just want to be sure. What code do I need to modify and where?

Comment

These questions must be harder than I thought
      Last edited by shadowdancer36; Mon 13 Mar '06, 9:47pm.

Comment

Yawn

Comment

This thread has the info you need. It refers to VB 3.0.x but code works the same in 3.5.x.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=second+navbar

Steve

Comment

Yea this the thread that helped me out in creating drop downs in the first place. I just don't see anything about doing dropmenus within dropmenus.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdancer36
              Yea this the thread that helped me out in creating drop downs in the first place. I just don't see anything about doing dropmenus within dropmenus.
              That doesn't work. I tested it once.

Comment

What about making the drop down title linkable?

Comment

Try this page.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108961

If that doesnt work, try vbulletin.org.

There you can pay to have someone make up the code.

Comment

As much as I love that thread, (lol) that doesn't tell me if the menu title is linkable or not. It's not really a custom job, it's just a yes or no answer. Either it can work or it can't. I might just be leaving some code out by mistake.

Comment

Ok,
                      Now Im just confused.
                      Can you take a screenshot of the page and circle what you want linked, or circle where you want a link to be.

that would help us all, greatly.

Comment

Ok here we go....
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	canit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	3668190

I want the lower to be shortcuts, but I would still like the Pictures to be linked to the main gallery. I know in HTML you can do this, but with VB I'm trying to fig out how.

Comment

I really don't think this is possible. Clicking on the title and/or arrow is how you open the menu. How do you intend to open the menu if clicking does something else?

Are you wanting the arrow to open the menu, but clicking on the title to open a link?

Comment

Yes you got it! I know this is possible with typical drop downs, but vb has its own thing going on.

Comment

No, No.

I totally see what your saying.
                              The onyl way im familiar with, and I have this in my VBulltien, so just give me time to grab theh code.

It's a bit diff, but it will work.
                              If you click and hold and scroll down through the menu, it stayes open, but as soon as you let go, it clicks the link your over.
                              So if you hold, then menu drops down rigfht away, but if you click and let go, then you go right to main Gallery, yea, give me a few minutes to gather my code up.

It's rather complicated, so dont try to edit it to much

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X