Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various db errors..

hi,
    im running vB3.5.2 (i know, havent upgraded yet..!)
    i am getting some errors reported more and more and my forum is slowing down it seems:

mysql_connect(): User dbxxxxxxxxxx has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
    /homepages/22/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxxxxxx/includes/class_core.php on line 273

and

mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'oneandone.co.uk' (2)
    /homepages/22/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/xxxxxxxxx/includes/class_core.php on line 273

any ideas on whats causing it.?
    i am suspecting my ISP and their db access now that my site is becoming more popular..
    should i look at changing ISPs, is my database at fault or is it vB..?
    regards
    nik

The first error is complaining about too many database connections. Try disabling pconnect if you are using it:

includes/config.php

Code:
    	//	****** MASTER DATABASE PERSISTENT CONNECTIONS ******
    	//	This option allows you to turn persistent connections to MySQL on or off.
    	//	The difference in performance is negligible for all but the largest boards.
    	//	If you are unsure what this should be, leave it off. (0 = off; 1 = on)
    $config['MasterServer']['usepconnect'] = 0;
    Otherwise you will need to get your host to increase the max number of db connections that are allowed.

The second error says the MySQL server was not found. Definitely contact your host about this.

Comment

okay thanks for that..
      pcconnect disabled already..
      will complain to isp..

are there any db/vBulletin friendlier ISPs out there?..
      what i mean is are there any ISPs that are better suited to host vBulletin forums than others?

Comment

I use Servermatrix with CPanel. It works fine for a dedicated server. I have good luck with most CPanel servers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X