Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing a member to edit someone else's profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The only way to do this without hacking is to give him access to the Admin CP, effectively making him an Admin

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    Nope, even as a Super Moderator, he cannot edit the profile section.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    Originally posted by ERuiz
    Ok, I created a usergroup called Hub Managers, where I will have 2 members in it. These member will be allowed to edit the profile and any custom/private profile fields that my members might have.

I logged in with one of the Hub Manager's account and I saw the ModCP link. I went in but I am able to VIEW the profile of a member but CANNOT edit it. Only think it will allow me to edit, is the avatar, signature and profile picture.
    Sorry, like I said I dont have access to the settings, but reading over the documentation here at the vbulletin, you can put them into a group with similar permissions as Super Moderators (I forgot about this usergroup because I dont use the; I dont even have mods at the moment); or just The super Moderator grup if need be. Via that group, he will have access to the Modcp and user edit information.

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    FOUND SOMETHING! In case other's need something similar.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...profile+editor

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    Well WizyWyg, it seems that the only that I can get a member the right to edit other's profiles, is by giving them Admin rights, instead of Mod rights. I searched the forums and this has been requested before but Steve Machol has informed that it can only be done by admin rights or by hacking the code.

Thanks for your help, though! You;ve been very kind in helping me out and I really appreciate that. I will go over to vbulletin.org and see if they have a solution.

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    Ok, I created a usergroup called Hub Managers, where I will have 2 members in it. These member will be allowed to edit the profile and any custom/private profile fields that my members might have.

I logged in with one of the Hub Manager's account and I saw the ModCP link. I went in but I am able to VIEW the profile of a member but CANNOT edit it. Only think it will allow me to edit, is the avatar, signature and profile picture.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    I woudln't give him access to admin cp; just make him a moderator/or usergroup that is a moderator with posting priviledges and then give him the link to the Moderator Control Panel.

Take a look at your moderator settings to see how its worked out.

You currently have a usergroup called moderators. You can use the similar usergroup permission for that group for your new usergroup, or just put him into that group. If he is a moderator, a link will appear at the bottom of the forum (or via his drop down list), for the ModCp.

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    Ok, let me get this straight. For: Can Moderate All Forums (is Super Moderator), I need to choose YES?

Or I need to choose yes for: Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator)?

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    You would need to give him access to either moderator or Admin control panel to do so (I dont remember moderator's cp so I can't comment)

edit: yup, you can give him access to moderator CP (yourdomain/forums/modcp/index.php )

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    replied
    I checked that, but the only option that has to do with profiles, says "Can Edit Own Profile". If I check this, this member will be able to edit his own profile, but not the profiles of others.

Leave a comment:

• WizyWyg
    replied
    create a new usergroup, that gives them permission to do so (similar to Admins' but not with all the perks). Put that member in that usergroup via his settings.

Leave a comment:

• ERuiz
    started a topic Allowing a member to edit someone else's profile?

Allowing a member to edit someone else's profile?

Ok, here is what I want to accomplish. I want to allow a specific member, the ability to edit the profile of ANY member. This would allow him to edit the profile AND ANY CUSTOM PROFILE FIELD, the member might have.

How can I accomplish this? There are so many settings on the VB AdminCP, that I have no idea on how to allow this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Efrain
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X