No announcement yet.

Encouraging email address verification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encouraging email address verification?

We have email address verification turned on for all new users. We had problems initially with users not understanding their accounts haven't been confirmed, and not understanding why they couldn't post.

So we changed the privileges on usergroup 3 so those users could only see the "board woes" forum. We also added a user title to that group so that admins and moderators can quickly identify whether or not a user has successfully responded to their confirmation email.

We're still having problems with users not understanding what's wrong with their account. Confirmation emails usually end up in spam boxes, so the user never sees them.

What I'd like to do is add a banner notice that only displays for usergroup 3. It would work basically like the Welcome banner that unregistered users see, but could explain that registration was successful, but the user still needed to reply to their email, contact admin if you're having problems, etc. They'd see that and the board woes forum, and hopefully would understand what the problem was (instead of assuming it's the board that's broken). We already have stickys and announcements, but people don't read them.

Long story short, I don't see any way to add banners like this in the admincp. Am I looking at an index hack to make this work?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

You can add something like this to your header or navbar template:

Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 3)">
    your text/code
    </if>
    This will only be shown to users in the usergroup 3.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X