Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Does not the refresh on pages work in such a manner? I know that you can make your forum auto page refresh and that should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    vBulletin is a website. It is not an active web application with a constantly open socket. A website cannot spontaneously send a message to the browser unless there is already an open connection.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    That does not kick'em off instant? I thought it was something new Tachy Goes to Coventry, but I remeber it was in banning area. I think he wants like what you see when you play online in game rooms, if someone is being a jerk in the game, the game host just clicks on the name and picks 'kick out' from the list and you are out for the day or what ever time set at. It is like banning, but it is easier to just click & boot instead of going into Admin CP area and doing this temp. banned and then reinstate.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    To instantly block them, you could look at their IP address and then block that IP with an .htaccess file. If someone is coming from a school, business, or AOL, their IP address is likely to be used by many people, so you might be blocking the good with the bad.

Also consider:
    Tachy Goes to Coventry (built into vBulletin -- that user is suddenly on everyone else's ignore list)
    and
    Miserable Users (add-on at vBulletin.org -- gives random error messages and very slow response time when displaying pages to certain users).

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Like online gaming? That sound like a good Suggestion & Feedback question. I never thought about that? or seen it posted here.

'Is there a way...' is not going to get your question answer properly with that thread title.

Leave a comment:

• Caravan
    started a topic Is there a way...

Is there a way...

...to log scumbags off the board that you don't want there? I don't mean ban, I just want to be able to kick a scumbag off the board in an instant.
    Last edited by Caravan; Mon 21 Aug '06, 7:10pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X