Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That is not an option. All vB emails is sent from the webmaster's email address.

Leave a comment:

• Drache
    replied
    Sorry 1 more question.

How do I set all subscription email sent by [email protected] instead of having it as same as my contact email? I couldn't find the option there. :/

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    PHP is faster but seems to get caught by more spam filters.

Leave a comment:

• Drache
    replied
    1 more question.

Is using php to send out email better or SMTP?

Leave a comment:

• Drache
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will have my webhost look into this. I am on a dedicated server. Yeah I also always receive alot unavailable email.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If email works sometimes and not others, then this is a seever and/or mailbox issue. There is nothing you can do from within vB to fix this.

Since some email is working, you will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails that don't work. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many ISPs and mail clients are putting in very aggressive spam filters. It's possible these emails are being placed into a spam folder or are being filtered.

Leave a comment:

• Drache
    started a topic Email works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.

Email works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes.

I am having some weired email problems I hope I can find some answers in here. I tried to do search but couldn't find the answer I need.

My email seems to work sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. I tried to do email test and send email to myself. The first one didn't work then I did it again it worked.This is a hotmail account.

Then today I sent few test email using the admin CP tool to few staff's hotmail account. It seems didn't work. And then I tried to send it to my own hotmail account it worked.

There are no error found when I am using this tool they just don't get the email.

Also I enabled the setting Email -f.

This is very weired It seems email work sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. what could be the problem?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X