No announcement yet.

How do I change the path to my AdminCP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change the path to my AdminCP?

In the config.php I renamed it but ...forum/admincp still takes you to the AdminCP login screen--just like http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/admincpydfdsf does for this site.

The config.php file lets you change the folder where the files would be located. By default, it's /admincp/, but you can rename it to, say, /acp/. I don't quite get what you're asking. Did you rename the folder itself? config.php only tells vB where the files are located.
    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
      The config.php file lets you change the folder where the files would be located. By default, it's /admincp/, but you can rename it to, say, /acp/. I don't quite get what you're asking. Did you rename the folder itself? config.php only tells vB where the files are located.
      I renamed the folder to /acpnl/ but I can still get to it at the default /admincp/ . In other words I can get to the same folder by going to /acpnl/ or /admincp/ .

I only want to be able to get to the folder via /acpnl/ .

Comment

then login via ftp and change the name of the folder to that.

Comment

Then what was the purpose of changing the path in the config.php?

Comment

I don't understand the confusion. You change the name of the admincp directory on the server then you change this in config'php. That's it. Nothing else needs to be done if you've done this correctly.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
              Because, whenever you press 'Admin', it reads from the config.php file i believe.

Comment

There are 2-3 places within the forum that link you into to the AdminCP. That's why it needs to know the folder name.
                • A user's profile -> Edit Options takes you to edit that user.
                • Admin link in the footer to the right of the Style picker

I might've missed one.

Comment

I made the mistake of changing the folder name in the config.php file to "acpnl" when I installed vBulletin (about 5 months ago) BUT I didn't rename the folder on the server.

So I have a folder called "admincp" and a folder called "acpnl".

If I ONLY want the "acpnl" folder. What should I do with the other folder.

I have only been accessing the acpnl folder but the admincp folder contains files that are dated more recent than the acpnl.

Should I just move all the files in the admincp folder to the acpnl folder and overwrite any older files?

Comment

Should I just move all the files in the admincp folder to the acpnl folder and overwrite any older files?
                    Either that or just delete the 'acpnl' folder and rename the admincp folder to 'acpnl'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Any idea why the admincp folder would have newer files in it than the 'acpnl' folder...I access the acpnl' folder.

Comment

Because when you upload the latest version the files are uploaded to 'admincp'. There is no way the software can know that you have changed the admincp directory when you download the zip file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Instead of renaming the folder, why not set an .htaccess password on that folder. Then you have to enter two different passwords to get into your AdminCP.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                            Instead of renaming the folder, why not set an .htaccess password on that folder. Then you have to enter two different passwords to get into your AdminCP.
                            Excellent idea. Great ingenuity! Thanks.
                            You would be perfect to figure out this:
                            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...72&postcount=1

Comment