Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow Guests to view thread titles only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow Guests to view thread titles only...

this may have been asked already but my search thru the forum has left me empty handed...

I am trying to find out how to make certain forums to allow Guests to only be able to view the thread titles and not the content within the thread (until the register of course).

Any ideas on who i go about doing this.

Thanks a ton!

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Unregistered -> Can View Thread Content -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks a ton... that did it!!

that was a quick response... im impressed!

Comment

Remember that Guest can still view the thread content using the Archive version of threads

Comment

No they cannot...

Comment

we'd quite like it if unregistered guests could view archive content while thread content is closed to them... is there anyway to achieve this?

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X