Creating a clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a clone

I need to upgrade from 3.0.7 to latest so I want to practise this on a copy of my production forum. Can somebody please point me to somewhere that describes how to create the clone ? I'm slightly worried that the clone system will somehow contain something that points back to the production forum and might screw it up. My attachments are being stored externally if that's relevant. Thanks for your help.

Be a little more specific? You want the same two forums, but different URLS, with the same stats, members, posts, etc etc?

Comment

Yes Steve. It needs to be totally separate from the production forum so I can practice the upgrade.

Comment

This would be a good place to start. Its basically the same thing your trying to accomplish.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158122
        -Lyle

Comment

Thanks Idove - that looks like just the thing. One other question - I've read somewhere that to go from (say) 3.07 to 3.54 I have to upgrade to each intermediate release in order. Does the installer do that for me ?

Comment

Yes, when you goto 3.5.x, it does the script upgrades for you. I went from 3.0.7 to 3.5.4 in one install, and it went through each of the revisions automatically.
            -Lyle

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X