Instant email notification question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant email notification question?

Can I change what gets sent in the thread instant email notification. The emails go out with the actual post on them. I without the text message, the user is more likely to return to the thread. If they can read it in their email they do not visit the forum.

Thoughts?

Edit the notify phrase and remove the $pagetext section.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here's my entire NOTIFY phrase ;

PHP Code:
      Dear $touser[username], $bbuserinfo[usernamehas just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled $threadinfo[title] - in the $foruminfo[title_cleanforum of $vboptions[bbtitle]. This thread is located at$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$threadinfo[threadid]&goto=newpost Here is the message that has just been posted: *************** $pagetext *************** There may be other replies alsobut you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum againAll the best$vboptions[bbtitle] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unsubscription informationTo unsubscribe from this threadplease visit this page$vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=usub&t=$threadinfo[threadidTo unsubscribe from ALL threadsplease visit this page$vboptions[bburl]/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all 
      So do you mean to delete *everything* from "*************** $pagetext ***************" onwards?

Comment

Remove whatever you don't want to appear in the email.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I edited the NOTIFY phrase . I am not able to use html . Am I correct in assuming that html can not be used while editing phrases . I wanto make some font bold . Thanks

Comment

HTML cannot be used in vB emails.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X