Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the order of the user ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change the order of the user ranks?

I have three ranking "groups".. one for registered users based on post counts, one for moderators, and one for the paper staff. I want them all to display in the following order --

moderator, paper, post count status.

But it's currently doing it in the reverse order.

How do I change the order that vb posts the icons?

fyi. I'm just referring to the images here, not the text or anything.. I simply want to change it so that it displays the images as Image A, image B, image C, whereas it currently does C, B, then A

Comment

Does anyone know?

Comment

6 days and no one knows?

Seriously...anyone? I just want to change the ORDER in which it displays the user rank icons...

Comment

Add the ranks in the reverse order? I believe that the ranks are showed in the order that they were entered into the system

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            Add the ranks in the reverse order? I believe that the ranks are showed in the order that they were entered into the system
            They are showing up as last added, first shown. I want it to be last added, last shown.

I am sure there is a way to do this... edit the function that displays the ranks perhaps?

Comment

No default way that I can provide support for.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                No default way that I can provide support for.
                can you direct me to the location/template/function that handles that?

Comment

I have the same issue. I would like to be able to order rank images. I don't think that is an unreasonable request, or is it?

There is next to no current info about it on vbulletin.org either. I can't imagine that there are too few admins that see this as a problem. Most admins just give up and create elaborate usergroup schemes that include merged rank images in the order they want to get this right.

There has to be an easier solution to what doesn't seem like a complicated problem. Would it really require more than conditionals?

Comment

Would someone at least tell us HOW vb does the rank display. Is it a function called from a template? IF so, which template? I'm sure it's a rather simple code change, once I know WHERE it's called from.

Comment

If you want help with this you are going to need to seek it at vBulletin.org, we do not provide support or assistance with hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                        If you want help with this you are going to need to seek it at vBulletin.org, we do not provide support or assistance with hacking.

I am looking for the same thing....and frankly - vbulletin.org seems to be having serious issues lately... I doubt it will get a response.

Comment

I posted this on vbo months ago. no one responded. All I want is for someone to tell me WHERE the coding for this post bit is read in....I can figure out how to reorder it myself.

Comment

This is an issue that should be addressed!
                            www.GigaThreads.com

Comment

Originally posted by majorxp View Post
                              I am looking for the same thing....and frankly - vbulletin.org seems to be having serious issues lately... I doubt it will get a response.
                              vBulletin.org is a place for users to help each other, sometimes code modifications means that you might have to learn in order to get your questions anwsered.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X