Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnails not working in Internet Explorer

Dear support,

The thumbnails of my forum don't seem to work correctly. In FireFox it all shows perfectly but in Internet Explorer my users can't see any of the attachments.

For the logged in users it creates broken images and for the guests it makes links (which is correct). This is for the newest version of VB 3.5.3 if I'm correct.

See attachments and thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Could you provide a link to a page with this error and a test login?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Yep, please check your private message.

Comment

The problem seems to be with your Cookie Domain.

If i - using IE - try to open the thumbnail in a seperate page (right click on the broken image, select properties, copy&paste the URL), i find that i am linked to the image without "www." in front of the domain, and i am asked to login again. Once i login to the url without the www (ie. create a cookie for that domain), i can see the thumbnails in your thread without problems.

To fix this do one of the following:
        AdminCP->vBulletin Options->Site Name / URL / Contact Details->Forum URL
        Include www. in your forum URL.

Or:
        AdminCP->vBulletin Options->Cookies and HTTP Header Options->Cookie Domain
        First try to use (blank) from the suggested options, with the Use Custom Setting box unticked.
        If that don't work, tick the Use Custom Setting box, and for the domainname enter: ".mydomain.com" (Without the quotes, with a leading dot, replace with your domainname without the www)
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Thanks mate, the first solution already fixed it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X