X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPREATR
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    I'd highly suggest not letting them grow that big in the first place setup a cron to close and start a new thread every x ammount.
    Zachery:
    Can you offer further information on this topic? I was unable to find information on setting up a cron to close and start a new thread every x amount; this exactly what I'm looking for. (vB 3.6.2)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Splitting before probally would have crashed your threads no?

Since ALL posts were shown in a single page and such....

Leave a comment:

• RCA
    replied
    Yes since that feature isn't vb built-in was added as hack some months ago, but threads created before that are so biigg that are causing problems (access to that threads is currently inactive).

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I'd highly suggest not letting them grow that big in the first place setup a cron to close and start a new thread every x ammount.

Leave a comment:

• RCA
    replied
    There are some big, really BIG threads (+70.000 posts in 1 thread), that needs to be splitted due problems with slow db queries.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by RCA
    This is slooow to split large threads, is valid only to move a few posts to new topic. My mods are complaining about this and I can't find a fast solution.
    Have them display alot of posts, geeze, how many posts are you moving from a thread

Leave a comment:

• Andreas
    replied
    The Thread Tools option has been removed because it is too resource intensive.

Leave a comment:

• RCA
    replied
    This is slooow to split large threads, is valid only to move a few posts to new topic. My mods are complaining about this and I can't find a fast solution.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    To move/remove posts from a "THREAD" you'd do the same by checking the posts inside of a thread and using the move option.

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    Didn't you still have to check boxes using the old split method?

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    You can increase the # of posts per page by amending the URL at the too with &perpage=100

Leave a comment:

• Brian Arndt
    replied
    hmm yah helps but still you need to click every thread to split large threads which i could see being a big pain as some of our threads hit 30+ pages in 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Something that might help:
    On teh first post of a pge, in the menu where is also the Thread Tools, you will see a Down Arrow with no text on the end. Click this for some more advanced selection options. (could be improved, but it is a start).

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I'm sorry I didn't finish my post. Yes, to do inline moderation within a thread (split/close/open/delete), you do so by opening the thread and ticking off the checkboxes. The screen snapshots I posted are for inline moderation at the forum level.

I did a cursory search and there appears no way to "split every post after this one to a new thread". Seems like a huge oversight to me. I'd also hate to have to tick 150 checkboxes to do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Arndt
    replied
    Well a member from our staff is complaining that you cannot split posts. Although the inline is nice . i still dont see how you can split a post?

Actions include stick/unstick, open/close, delete/undelete, approve/un-approve, move and merge.

no split.

edit: so you have to click every thread you want to move?

say we have 300 posts and we want to split it in the middle. we have to click 150 posts and then "move" them?
    Last edited by Brian Arndt; Fri 17 Feb '06, 7:09am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X