Show 1 template to guests, another to members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show 1 template to guests, another to members

At the moment I have my homepage including $navbar as per the default setting. How would I be able to specify it to call up a different navbar template i.e. navbar2 if a guest was viewing the page and restrict this to one page or area of the site, in my case an extra page I've added with a wrapper to become the homepage.

I don't want to do it with a conditional within the navbar file as it would make the change sitewide - if possible I want it so on the page wrapper where it says $navbar, I can somehow wrap some conditionals around it and then throw up the second navbar page. Would this be as simple as $navbar2 or would it have to be a bit more complicated?

Would the following work

Code:
     <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0">
    $navbar2
    <else />
    $navbar
    </if>
    or would it be advisable to use usergroups (if so, I'm not sure of the code on this)?

Support for customizations and help with custom source code falls outside of default vBulletin support. I am sorry but we can't help you.

What you porbably need to do is edit the .php file and add a php if condition around the eval code.

Comment

How I would do this:

I would define THIS_SCRIPT inside your frontpage, and use the global navbar template that all vb pages use.

I would call my frontpage: index.php,
      I would call my forum: forum.php

In the navbar template:

<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'frontpage'">
      <!-- We are on the frontpage! -->
      <!-- Here I would match against userinfo, usergroupid for guest/member and show custom navbar code -->

<else />
      <!-- We are not on the frontpage (and therefor on the forum) -->
      <!-- Here I put the normal navbar code -->

</if>

Comment

I do get where you're coming from but it seems like quite a complex solution to what would/should be achievable with an if conditional.

If we shift the focus over to the FORUMHOME template (so strictly no source code changes and only a slight template modification). Would it be possible to wrap the $navbar bit with conditionals and moreso is calling up another template as simple as $navbar2 or is it more complex.

If I'm way off the ball here, I'll be happy to have a go with your solution.

Comment

It has to be evalled in the .php file.

And I think what you require does not have to be done the way you try to do it.

Comment

Thanks - I gave it a go and it worked great.

Comment

Bumping my old thread. I know it's uncool but I figured better use the resource we've already got here on this one rather than starting up another.

If in this code that was given...

Code:
               <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'frontpage'">
              ...I want to add another script i.e. showthread, how would I do this? A simple comma in between the two?

Comment

Code:
                <if condition="(THIS_SCRIPT == 'frontpage') || (THIS_SCRIPT == 'showthread')">
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Code:
                  <if condition="(THIS_SCRIPT == 'frontpage') || (THIS_SCRIPT == 'showthread')">

Your great helped me no end that did thanks.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X