2 forums 1 member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 forums 1 member

Is there a way that already exists that allows a member to join 1 forum and have access to others?

I have 2 forums on World War 2, one related to ww2 generally and 1 for the holocaust.

Many are member on both.

But as I say, is there a method that allows them to join 1 and use that sign on to access both?

This is not a default option in vBulletin, check on vBulletin.org as this requires a customization/plugin.

Comment

I checked there as well but could not find anything, maybe searching for the wrong thing. Do you know if a mod exists??

Comment

I think there is a modification available at vb.org, try searching for share or multiple in the thread title.

However all simple modifications like this will always run into some limitations:
        - Since you are sharing 1 user record, statistics like postcount etc, will also be shared.
        - Updating Counters will result in only showing postcount etc for 1 board.
        - You might get a New PM warning, while there is no new PM on your current logged in board
        - Usergroupid's (and their implementation) MUST be identical on both boards.
        - Putting someone in the Super Moderator on 1 board will also make them S.Mod on the other
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X