super mods and deleting posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super mods and deleting posts

okay, I don't want my super mods to be able to delete posts, I just want them to move the posts to a hidden forum, but I also don't want people who are just normal mods to be able to see the hidden forum... only super mods and admin...

okay let me see if I can say that a different way in case it didn't make sense... I am making a special forum that I only want super mods and admin to be able to see, this forum would be where all the posts get moved, but I don't want the people who are just mods over specific forums to be able to see this hidden forum... what can I do?

You cannot restrict Super Mods from deleting posts. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

could I like make a new usergroup?

Comment

I guess. However they would not be Super Mods.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

what can a super mod do that they can't do as just a user group?

Comment

Super Modds have total Admin powers on the forums. If you don't want Super Mods to have this power, then they should not be Super Mods. You can make them Modds instead and set the appropriate permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay, so how do I give a user group permission to move and split threads without giving them permission to delete them?

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by flamyngo
                  Okay, so how do I give a user group permission to move and split threads without giving them permission to delete them?
                  add a moderator through forum manager

Can Delete Posts - NO

Give them yes permissions on the other thing.

Unless I am missing something this appears to be easy to do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X