Payment Subscriptions - Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Subscriptions - Help needed.

OK i think i have made a slight mistake here and i need some clarification and hopefully some help.

We have two subscriptions running to access certain parts of the site. One is yearly and one monthly.

However i have set them up as two seperate subscriptions when i probably should have set them up as one with two payment and duration levels (They both are used to access the same areas and only the duration differs) correct ?

What is actually happening now is members who first purchased the monthly subscript then may purchase the yearly one. When the monthly one expires they are moved back to their old registered group even though the yearly one is still running obviously this is causing some confusion and undue stress as we have many subscribers.

So my question is that if i edit the monthy subscription can i add a yearly one there also and would this then ADD to the users current running subscription ? So if he had say 1 month then he added the yearly one he would have 13 months or 12 months and whatever days where left from his subscription ?

Also we have many subscribers in both catagories and i don't see any easy eay to migrate one subscription into another. Have i got to thus manually disable ever member and manually add them to the other subscription group ?

Lastly one of our members added another monthly subscription onto his current running subscription and although worked as described and never expired him to the registered group, never updated his subscription page in the Control Panel to refelct the new dates ...

ANY HELP would be appreciated as i really need to get this resolved quickly . I really don't fancy the idea of manually having to remove and re-add 700 subscribers due to an oversight on my part

OK this is becoming an increasing issue.

If i create another payment plan within my yearly (ID 2) plan for my monthly subscriber (ID 1) and run the following sql

UPDATE vb_subscriptionlog SET subscriptionid = 2 WHERE subscriptionid = 1

Will this work so we can then drop the other subscription option and have just the one with both payment plans intact ?

The only issue i see with this is if a member has both a monthly and a yearly plan running. How would this effect this ?

Please help ..

Comment

If you have set them up as a single subscription then they will automatically add to the expiration date.

If you have them setup as two distinct subscriptions then they will run concurrently, though they shouldn't remove one when the other executes. This was a bug with 3.5.x and is fixed in 3.5.4 when is is released. You can also get the fix from http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=2222.

There is no easy way to migrate them short of writing a small script to do this. I'll see about getting a script to do this though it make take a few days for me to get time allocated.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
        If you have set them up as a single subscription then they will automatically add to the expiration date.

If you have them setup as two distinct subscriptions then they will run concurrently, though they shouldn't remove one when the other executes. This was a bug with 3.5.x and is fixed in 3.5.4 when is is released. You can also get the fix from http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=2222.

There is no easy way to migrate them short of writing a small script to do this. I'll see about getting a script to do this though it make take a few days for me to get time allocated.
        Hi. IN all honesty i would prefer to keep them seperate as we have some 3,000 subscribers and all being in the same place would be a nightmare.

However these are all primary groups and not secondary ones so im not 100% sure its the same issue ?

I have a way, we believe, to see the ones in both subscriptions now

PHP Code:
        SELECT sl.useridu.usernameCOUNT( * ) AS CNT
        FROM vb_subscriptionlog sl
        LEFT JOIN vb_user u ON u
        .userid sl.userid
        WHERE sl
        .expirydate >= UNIX_TIMESTAMPNOW( ) )
        GROUP BY userid
        HAVING count
        ( * ) >1
        LIMIT 0 
        This shows me the ones who are going to have trouble.

I can then address this by moving them into one subscription group and then run this script

PHP Code:
        UPDATE vb_subscriptionlog SET subscriptionid 2 WHERE subscriptionid 
        To move the rest into the one subscription system.

However as i say i would prefer to keep BOTH subscriptions as from an admin point of view it makes better sense.

When do you think the fix will be out ? I'm not sure how that fix works or how to apply in the link you gave me. Would this solve the issues i'm having where one subscription fails, moves the user back to his primaty group, even though his other subscription is running ?
        Last edited by descds; Fri 17 Feb '06, 11:23am.

Comment

Mmm that mysql doesn't work quite right as although i have edited the users it found to have to active subscriptions, re running it still shows them as having two running, when they now have one.

I really need help to keep on top of this ..

Comment

Maybe check this one out:
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=2011

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              Thanks floris, it does seem to be similair issues.

I don;t think the subscription system will work as i had planned with two active subscriptions running as even if we could fix the user getting downgraded back to his original group after one subscription finishes, but another remains active, it will still have issues.

Basically a scenerio could go like this (and has)

User A has a monthly subscription and within 2 weeks of this decides he likes what we do and purchases a yearly one too. He now has two subscriptions running and the problems come about as described above. If fixed that would check User A doesn't have another active subscription running before moving him back to his old group. That would work however there is a flaw in the logic.

User A has now lost 2 weeks of his yearly subscription As the second subscription is started to run as soon as he pays for it (even though in reality he is still using his monthly one).

So i think i need to have them all together with different payment plans so when they add a year to their running month they'[ll get that extra days of credit added to their expiry.

Again this isn't perfect however as we have 3,000 + subscribers and the way vbulletin lists them all in sequence puts a huge load on the server, makes finding problem subscriptions difficult and from an admins point of view i now have no idea who is on our yearly v monthly plan.

But in all honesty i think this way would be best unless something else can be addressed.

If you could submit me an SQL lookup so i can see who currently has active subscriptions in BOTH subscription plans (so i can address those before combining them) and then confirm that the SQL i posted above will move one group to another without incident i will move them to one plan as its causing us huge issues.

The sql to see who has both seems flawed as i'm getting users who have expired in one subscription and active in another as well

PHP Code:
              SELECT sl.useridu.usernameCOUNT( * ) AS CNT
              FROM vb_subscriptionlog sl
              LEFT JOIN vb_user u ON u
              .userid sl.userid
              WHERE sl
              .expirydate >= UNIX_TIMESTAMPNOW( ) )
              GROUP BY userid
              HAVING count
              ( * ) >1
              LIMIT 0 
              I hope you guys can help as apart from the admin side of vb for subscriptions the system works extremely well ..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X