Error When Searching For Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error When Searching For Users

Hi, when I try and search for users via the Admin CP, or go to the Who's Online page, I get this weird SQL error. Attached is a screenshot.
    Attached Files

We need to see the complete error message.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

For searching in the Admin CP...

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
      user.userid, reputation, username, usergroupid, birthday_search, email,
      parentemail,(options & 8) AS coppauser, homepage, icq, aim, yahoo, msn, skype, signature,
      usertitle, joindate, lastpost, posts, ipaddress, lastactivity, userfield.*
      FROM user AS user
      LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON(userfield.userid = user.userid)
      LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON(usertextfield.userid = user.userid)
      WHERE 1=1 AND user.username = 'the professor'
      ORDER BY username ASC
      LIMIT 0, 50;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'skype' in 'field list'
      Error Number : 1054
      Date : Wednesday, February 15th 2006 @ 05:32:58 PM
      Script : http://nybass.com/admincp/user.php
      Referrer : http://nybass.com/admincp/user.php?do=modify
      IP Address : 66.130.172.4
      Username : TheFinney
      Classname : vb_database

Comment

For Currently Active Users...

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT user.username, session.useragent, session.location, session.lastactivity, user.userid, user.options, session.host, session.badlocation, session.incalendar, user.aim, user.icq, user.msn, user.yahoo, user.skype,
        IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid
        FROM session AS session
        LEFT JOIN user AS user USING (userid)
        WHERE session.lastactivity > 1140043519

ORDER BY user.username asc;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'user.skype' in 'field list'
        Error Number : 1054
        Date : Wednesday, February 15th 2006 @ 06:00:19 PM
        Script : http://nybass.com/online.php
        Referrer : http://nybass.com/index.php?
        IP Address : 66.130.172.4
        Username : TheFinney
        Classname : vb_database

Comment

This means that you did not complete the 3.5.3 upgrade. What exactly did you do prior to this?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, first I moved servers. What I did was do a fresh install of 3.5.3 on the new server, then backup and restore the old server's database (3.5.1) on my new server. Then I changed the config values of the fresh install to point to the old database, hence making it think it was running 3.5.1 still. It was giving me those same errors then. So then I replaced the 3.5.3 files with 3.5.1 files (errors vanished), then reuploaded the 3.5.3 files. I then did the upgrade. I saw the address was upgrade_352, so I changed that to upgrade_353, as it was 3.5.3. Then the errors returned.

That's what I did.

Comment

You did not complete the upgrade, otherwise you would not get this error. I suggest running the upgrade.php script again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ran it again, ran it one more time after that. Still the same errors. It seems to be the Skype profile field or something.

Comment

You definitely missed a step in the upgrade proccess. Try running this query to add that field:

ALTER TABLE user ADD skype CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Umm... where would I run that?

And I just followed all the steps. The upgraders problem if it made me miss a step.

Comment

You can run queries in the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin. Or to run queries from the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Manual Query

Then enter your query in the Manual Query box and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                      // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                      // See the above entries for more information on the format.
                      // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                      // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                      $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinney
                        then reuploaded the 3.5.3 files. I then did the upgrade. I saw the address was upgrade_352, so I changed that to upgrade_353, as it was 3.5.3. Then the errors returned.

That's what I did.
                        You should never skip steps that the upgrade process want to do.

Your database was at 3.5.1. When you start the upgrade, it will determine the current vB version of the database, then it will run the upgrade steps needed for each version between the current DB version and the version of the software on your system.

Example:
                        - Database version 3.5.1
                        - Upload software version 3.5.3
                        - Run upgrade
                        - Upgrade script upgrade_352.php will upgrade the database from version 3.5.1 => 3.5.2
                        - Upgrade script upgrade_353.php will upgrade the database from version 3.5.3 => 3.5.3
                        - Final upgrade steps performed.

You have skipped the steps for 3.5.2
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Working...
                        X