ajax features don't work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajax features don't work!

in one of mu forums after upgarding to 3.5.3 and in the other one after moving to new server all ajax features don'nt work with our language. they'r correct with english charachters but not with with unicode ones. for example in quickreply after clicking on post nothing will happen!
    (I didin't have this problem before!)

This means those translated phrases are not compatible with 3.5.3. You will need to retranslate this or ask the author for a version that works with 3.5.3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This means those translated phrases are not compatible with 3.5.3. You will need to retranslate this or ask the author for a version that works with 3.5.3.
      you mean if I switch to original language it should work?

Comment

You already said it worked with the 'english charachters''. I assumed by that you mean the original English Language and phrases.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think i didn't explain very well.
          after clicking on post quick reply it tells: Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait but after this nothing happens nothing at all.

Comment

Does it work if you change to the English Language pack?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

no.

Comment

Which browser are you using?

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm using firefox 1.5.0.1+opera9.0+IE6 bit in non of them it doesn't work.
                  I tested dasabling hooks but no result. now I'm gonna reupload files.
                  thanks.

Comment

ok I did all of them but no result.

Comment

What was the MySQL version and character set used on both the old and the new server?
                      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoH64
                        What was the MySQL version and character set used on both the old and the new server?
                        I'm not sure about previuos server becouse it's down now.
                        but I have a fresh installation on the current sever with same problems.mysql version is 4.0.1.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X