Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I turn off thread descriptions on specific forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I turn off thread descriptions on specific forums?

Well, this is probably a coding modification, so I don't know if you can help me but there's no harm in trying. If it's not possible to turn off thread descriptions (when you mouse-over the thread and it displays the text) for specific forums, is it possible to completely disable it all over the board? I'm pretty sure all that requires is a few template mods. I just don't know all of the templates.

I also don't want thread descriptions on Similar Threads, or any of that crap.

Thanks.

To turn it off completly go to your vBulletin Options->Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) and change the settting for Length of Thread Preview Text to 0
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Is this what you're looking for?

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) > Length of Thread Preview Text: 0

This setting allows you to specify how many characters of the first post in a thread to display in the 'title' tag of the thread title on the forumdisplay page.

Set this value to 0 to disable thread previews.

Comment

Ah this worked perfect. I can't believe I missed that in the admin cp. Thanks

Comment

vB is just too cool with all its features and options.. you simply can't know them all by head. Especially if you're quite new to the software

That's why we're here Don't feel shy asking any further questions may you have them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X