• Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    BieDdos please start your own ticket.

Leave a comment:

• BieDdoS
    replied
    i have the same problem but i have this scheduled task cleanup1 every 5 minutes anche cleanup2 every 40 minutes..... i set max_heap_table_size to 33554432 but nothing....
    The problem was born then i transfer the db and the forum into a new server... perhaps is this the cause of the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    They should already be there, they are called "hourly cleanup #1" and "hourly cleanup #2"

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    -bash:~/vb354/includes/cron$ grep session *
    cleanup.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "session
    cleanup.php: ### Delete stale sessions ###
    cleanup.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "cpsession
    cleanup.php: ### Delete stale cpsessions ###
    cleanup2.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "session
    cleanup2.php: ### Delete stale sessions ###
    It looks like I should definitely add those two to the scheduled tasks.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    -bash:~/vb354/includes/cron$ grep session *
    cleanup.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "session
    cleanup.php: ### Delete stale sessions ###
    cleanup.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "cpsession
    cleanup.php: ### Delete stale cpsessions ###
    cleanup2.php: DELETE FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "session
    cleanup2.php: ### Delete stale sessions ###

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    One of the hourly cleanups does it, there are two.
    Hi any idea on the names?

This is what shows up on our scheduled task list (that run hourly):
    • Restore temporarily banned users
    • User Promotions
    • Event Reminder
    • Thread Views
    • Attachment Views
    I just looked in my cron dir on the uploaded files area and there is a cleanup.php and a cleanup2.php file. However they are not configured in the scheduled tasks to run. Do I need to add them? what is the difference between the two scripts and what do they do?

Thanks
    Last edited by hapbird; Wed 15 Mar '06, 10:24am.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    One of the hourly cleanups does it, there are two.

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    Thanks.
    We had roughly about 500 or so on when this occurred.

What part of the software covers the session cleanup? I didn't see it on the scheduled task list. We haven't modified the scheduled tasks. What do i need to add to make the session clean up occur?

Originally posted by fastforward
    There's no need to convert it. Just increase the max_heap_table_size parameter.

Converting it to MyISAM will cause additional problems with table level locking. HEAP tables also use table level locking, but they are fast enough not to have problems (usually). InnoDB would be OK, but again, unless you have thousands of concurrent users online, HEAP is just fine.

As mentioned earlier, 16MB holds a lot of sessions and should be plenty for most boards. How many users do you have online?

Leave a comment:

• fastforward
    replied
    Originally posted by hapbird
    i checked the footer and i found this:

<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    $cronimage
    <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

It's there.

Is it really bad if i convert the table to myisam? will it slow down the board significantly?

Thanks.
    There's no need to convert it. Just increase the max_heap_table_size parameter.

Converting it to MyISAM will cause additional problems with table level locking. HEAP tables also use table level locking, but they are fast enough not to have problems (usually). InnoDB would be OK, but again, unless you have thousands of concurrent users online, HEAP is just fine.

As mentioned earlier, 16MB holds a lot of sessions and should be plenty for most boards. How many users do you have online?

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    i checked the footer and i found this:

$cronimage

It's there.

Is it really bad if i convert the table to myisam? will it slow down the board significantly?

Thanks.

Originally posted by fastforward
    The root cause depends on whether your cron tasks are running correctly.

If your session table really is growng to over 16MB during normal use, then the root cause is the max_heap_table_size which defaults to 16MB. However, it takes a lot of sessions to fill up 16MB. How many active users are on your forum?

It's more likely that that the cron task that cleans up stale sessions isn't running for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• fastforward
    replied
    Originally posted by hapbird
    Is max_heap_table_size the root issue here?
    The root cause depends on whether your cron tasks are running correctly.

If your session table really is growng to over 16MB during normal use, then the root cause is the max_heap_table_size which defaults to 16MB. However, it takes a lot of sessions to fill up 16MB. How many active users are on your forum?

It's more likely that that the cron task that cleans up stale sessions isn't running for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    You can try both suggested fixes and see if it helps

what vB version you're using as well as do you have any custom code in the footer template of your forums ? if you do revert your footer template. You made a change somewhere that stopped the Scheduled Tasks from running and clearing our this table on a regular basis
    What is the command that is in the footer to trigger the scheduled tasks?

Leave a comment:

• hapbird
    replied
    we just ran into this same error

Is max_heap_table_size the root issue here?

Originally posted by weitalia
    today i have this error on my board, table session was like 16mb, i dumped the table and i truncate it and it seem to be solved. There are some problem in future with this solution? Why it give me session table full?

MySQL Error : The table 'session' is full
    Error Number : 1114

Leave a comment:

• Hardwaregeeks
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    anyway sessions should never grow that large to begin with

if you have any custom code in the footer template of your forums, you do revert your footer template. As a change in the footer, somewhere possibly stopped the Scheduled Tasks from running and clearing out this table on a regular basis
    This post helped me fix a problem. Thanks

My host had a major boo boo and for 18 days we had the wrong date on the server. Host was AFK and thankfully we are now with a dedicated server that we can manage. but we just had this error and it was because the cron jobs next scheduled run is for the 18th of March. Good thing we fixed the date bug and I don't mind running the cron jobs manually until then.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    anyway sessions should never grow that large to begin with

if you have any custom code in the footer template of your forums, you do revert your footer template. As a change in the footer, somewhere possibly stopped the Scheduled Tasks from running and clearing out this table on a regular basis

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X