adult section...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adult section...

I have an adult section on my forums, and I have it so they have to register to view, but I want to make it so they also have to have 10 posts to view. How can I do that?

Also when I have it set so only logged-in users can see the forum, is there a way to create topic in the adult forum that states they have to register? Where they can see it when not-logged in? Let me know.
    Last edited by Lineman28645; Thu 9 Feb '06, 1:58pm.

1. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add New Usergroup

2. Set the appropriate usergroup permissions for the forum in question:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Forum Permissions

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Create a new usergroup that can see that forum.
      When the user gets 10 posts promote them to the new usergroup.

Edit:
      Darn you Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Lineman28645
        lso when I have it set so only logged-in users can see the forum, is there a way to create topic in the adult forum that states they have to register? Where they can see it when not-logged in? Let me know.
        Thanks Steve! Anyway to do this aswel?

Comment

Ok I set it up. I just want to make sure its correct.

Usergroup: Registered User 2
          Promotional Type: Additional Usergroup
          Promotion Strategy: Reputation
          Reputation Level: 1000
          Days Registered: 5

Would that be right?

Comment

As far as I can tell that seems right.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Our site also has an adult section of sorts and a problem we are facing is that we have some members who use the site mainly for this section, and who only rarely post in the other parts of the site...

The problem is with their avatars - while naked women etc are fine for the adult part, we often get complaints about them when these people post in the regular forums.

Is there a way of allowing people to register two avatars to a login - one which automatically gets displayed in certain folders and another which gets displayed in others??

Thanks.

Comment

No, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks - will have a look...

Comment

Move User to Usergroup
                    Jumping is evaluated based on the time period defined in the Scheduled Tasks section (Default: Every 1 Hour)
                    Does that mean that the promotion by default takes 1 hour? So if someone has 10 posts they have to wait for about an hour to be able to view that forum? If this is the case, is it a good idea to set the scheduled task to occur ever few minutes?

Also, as for promotion strategy, lineman has his set to reputation. Shouldn't the promotion strategy be set to posts if you are trying to restrict members with less than 10 posts from viewing the said forum?

Comment

It actually runs twice every hour, so realisticly even at worst, the user may need to wait about 29 min. It would not be a good idea to run this every few min.

Comment

Check this out for an idea...

Leave it at 10 posts in order to access it...

But then you can do the pitch to people without 10 posts.... "why wait? - pay £xx - and get immediate access"

and make a subscription...

Webs

Comment

I just fount a hack on vb.org that i used for the promotion because i never could get this to work correctly.

Comment

It works, unless of course you setup the promotion wrong, or have a style that is missing $cronimage which is going to cause problems in the long run.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X