Odd Thread Behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Thread Behavior?

one of my mods and regulars on my forum made a note to me about problems with selective threads..not sure what's up. Anyhow this is the contents from the PM I got back...

I get to a certain point in a thread and I don't know if it's because it's really full or what (remember, I have dialup) but here's what happens:

I click Reply. I get the reply window. I put my mouse in the little box and the cursor line flashes, and disappears. No more interactions allowed.

Usually if I reboot my computer, or just log off the internet, or even try again, it eventually lets me do things.

Last night I tried everything and I finally gave up. I could use Quick Reply but not normal reply. If I start a new thread all is good for a while.

If there's a better way to do this I'm all ears. Feel free to reopen my thread if you can fix my problem. It was 34 pages with pictures and I thought that might have been part of my problem, but what do I know?

Just to let you know, apparently Lynet was having the same problem, so it wasn't just me.

Thought that might be useful information.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Try logging in as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Did your user resolve their problem with the cursor disappearing? I also have a moderator that's experiencing the problem. We are going to test her account but if it's not the problem, then finding it with all the other possibilities could be quite tedious.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X