Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does banned email and allowkeepbannedemail work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does banned email and allowkeepbannedemail work?

Hello,

I just banned "@mail.ru".
    I say "Allow User to keep banned email" no, because I want that they use another address...

In AdminCP, I set the address of my testuser to [email protected] and logged me in as "Testuser". I can do everything... vBulletin says nothing about: "You mail got banned, please give us a new one"...

So: Am I wrong? Should It work in that way or what am I doing wrong?

I've confirmed this. However according to the description, that is designed to work this way:

Allow User to Keep Banned Email Addresses
    If you ban an email address and a user already uses that address, a problem will occur. Using this option, you can specify whether the user will have to enter a new email address in their profile when they next modify their email address, or whether the user can just keep the email address which you have banned.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I've confirmed this.
      You can confirm, that it does not work the way, it should work?

Comment

Please read the description, particularly the italicized section. This is working as designed.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Only If the user tries to edit his current email-address, he would be forced to enter a new one?

Comment

If you allow a user to keep a banned email, they get to keep it.

Comment

Yes... that's clear... but If say, that they aren't allowed to keep... they will be only forced to enter a new one, if they are try to edit their email?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X