Post under a user name as Admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post under a user name as Admin?

Is it possiable to create a thread under a users name (Being an admin)?

I doubt there is but I'm running into a forum move issue. The issue is the forum owner was using Bravenet and now wants VB. But he wants all the original posts moved over. I cant find a place for an export in Bravenet so I was wondering if I can just re-create the posts after the user re-registers with the new forum? There isnt many so it wouldnt take long but the ower is adimit(SP?) about moving the original posts over without making the user do it.

Any ideas?

No, there is no built-in option to do this. You can modify the db afterwards to change the userid for these posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      No, there is no built-in option to do this. You can modify the db afterwards to change the userid for these posts.
      I found the DB and all but I'm not sure how the "date line" is formatted. Is that field something I have to worry about?

Comment

If you want to change the date of the post, you'll need to change the dateline field. This field is a unix
        timestamp. You can use this online tool to convert dates and times to Unix Timestamps:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Just remember to enter in the GMT values for the date and not the date and time in your specific timezone.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X