Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding More User info in Postbit

I run a Music Forum...

I have a seperate group for Musicians...and I want to a few additional information about them being displayed when they post

Things I want to do :

1. Give the Group (only that group) the option to add 2-3 additional Profile info.like..."Band name or Solo" ( they will put the name of the band they play or if they are solo...they will type Solo Artist)..."Position/Instrument" (vox, guitars etc)...

2. I want these info to be displayed in the postbit...if possible...below the "Custom title field"..

I don't know if my post makes any sense...but help would be appriciated.

1. Create the profile fields here:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> Add New Use Profile Field

2. Use these instructions to add them to the postbit templates:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168741
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve...i'll try that..

Comment

Steve, I just tried it and it works...but the "user field" is created for all usergroup...I just want to give the "user field" to a certain group so that when they enter the information...it is displayed in the postbit...

once again..thanks in advance for the help

Comment

You can use template condittionals around it to only show this for a particular usergroup. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, thanks for all the advice here, it's worked really well

Just wondering if there's any way of being able to use HTML here.

For example: my forum has an award for people who donate towards the running costs - just a small medal.

I'm currently placing the HTML in the User title and setting Custom User Title to allow HTML. I'd actually like to create a seperate input box in which I could insert the HTML code for the medal to show up in their postbit profile so I can keep it away from the User Title area.

All extra user info. would be admin set so there's no risk of HTML abuse.

Any pointers or advice gratefully received.

Dave

Comment

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X