Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acronym BBCode Not Working (Split from Original Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    It will eventually falloff.

Leave a comment:

• silly rabbit
    replied
    feldon23, I got my indent to work! (with your posted example!!)

<div style="text-indent: 45px;">{param}</div>

but aside from the 1'st paragraph I had to:
    <div style="text-indent: 45px;">
    <p>Add the 'p's to paragraphs 2/3 to see it indent thru the whole post . .</p>
    </div>

Obviously, here HTML is disabled . . .
    Originally posted by Zachery
    You have post caching enabled,
    Zach, will the 'caching' eventually renew and my code 'fall off' or will it stay as long as I leave it alone?

Thx All!!

(ps) I find this site much more responsive and friendly than 'org'.

Found what looks like a very resourseful email site css-discuss that also looks good!!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You have post caching enabled, empty the post_parsed table, it will stop working.

Leave a comment:

• silly rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23
    HTML in posts is not recommended and is disabled by default for security purposes. With HTML allowed on your forum, someone could post e-mail address harvesting code, malicious JavaScript, or even Flash scripts that take over the visitor's screen.
    feldon, I might have discovered a 'lil quirk in Vb I was able to take advantage of!! Well, I took your advise and went thru every forum on my board (except the one that only I, as admin, have posting rights to, and I made sure HTML is disabled. Amoung other things there were two posts in the general member posting area where a html flash object was embedded - one posted by me as Admin & one posted by me as a member with general permissions (separate username).

Well, to make story short after disabling HTML (which was enabled) the one flash object that I posted as Admin continued to work while the other didn't. After a little experimenting I discovered that if I as Admin want to embed HTML in a general forum I can enable HTML, post code and then immediately disable again and code will continue to work . . .

Nothing New I suppose???

Leave a comment:

• silly rabbit
    replied
    Don't put <html>, <head>, <body>, etc. tags in a post.
    Thx felton, I will heed advise, play with it, and report back!!!!!

I've created a private, separate forum within my board with HTML active for my purposes only.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Don't put <html>, <head>, <body>, etc. tags in a post. These are already defined at the top of the forum so what you are putting in your post is just ignored. HTML in posts is not recommended and is disabled by default for security purposes. With HTML allowed on your forum, someone could post e-mail address harvesting code, malicious JavaScript, or even Flash scripts that take over the visitor's screen.

If you want to change the style of the parts of your forum, modify the CSS/templates in the AdminCP.

Remove the red part:
    Code:
    <p style="text-indent: 45px;">[COLOR=Red]<p>[/COLOR][B][SIZE=3]If your interest [/SIZE][/B]in participating in this forum is anything other than 'casual curiosity' (perhaps you too need to pursue a new career?) you can PM me concerning contributing access. I needed . . . .</p>
    If you want to be able to post paragraphs that have a left-indent, you can always create a bbCode
    [indent][/indent]
    and then define the HTML for indent as:
    <div style="text-indent: 45px;">{param}</div>

You could even define a bbCode
    [indent][/indent]

with an option for the number of pixels to indent. Then you could define the HTML for indent as:
    <div style="text-indent: {option}px;">{param}</div>
    and then use it like this:
    [indent=45][b][size="3"]If your interest [/size]in participating in this forum is anything other than 'casual curiosity' (perhaps you too need to pursue a new career?) you can PM me concerning contributing access. I needed . . . .[/indent]

If you just wanted some space to the left of some text, you could always do:
    [img]http://www.yourwebsite.com/forums/images/spacers/spacer45px.gif[/img]This paragraph is bumped over 45 pixels.
    Last edited by feldon23; Mon 30 Jan '06, 10:30am.

Leave a comment:

• silly rabbit
    replied
    Also, I don't understand. You posted <html><head><body></html> tags etc. You're not trying ?
    Of course i am! This is where I'm at (tried many conbinations) but no cigar.

<p style="text-indent: 45px;">
    <p>[B][SIZE="3"]If your interest [/SIZE][/B]in participating in this forum is anything other than 'casual curiosity' (perhaps you too need to pursue a new career?) you can PM me concerning contributing access. I needed . . . .</p>

I tried your suggestion and have yet to do the trick - perhaps I'm leaving out something 'assumed'

Thx for replies . . .
    Last edited by silly rabbit; Mon 30 Jan '06, 10:22am.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    If you want to define all p tags to have a text-indent of 45 pixels, then modify your StyleVars.

If you want one p tag to have a text-indent of 45 pixels, then

<p style="text-indent: 45px;">

Also, I don't understand. You posted <html><head><body></html> tags etc. You're not trying to put that into a forum post are you?

Leave a comment:

• silly rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Well you would have to specify an option. The example should be:
    Wayne, that is exactly what I do get after typing 'cascading' into the editors popup box . . . Css

Am I misinterpreting what I can indeed . . . .

THANKYOU IT WORKS!!! (and I am indeed nuts!!)

Can I embed CCS directly within a post??
    I tried it with the <p> tag ie:
    <html>
    <head>
    <style type = "text/css">
    p {text-indent: 45px;}
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>And it does not appear to work</p>

??
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by silly rabbit; Mon 30 Jan '06, 8:18am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Well you would have to specify an option. The example should be:

[a="definition of acronym"]acronym[/a]

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I think the correct tag is:
    Code:
    <acronym title = "{option}">{param}</a[COLOR=Orange][B]cronym[/B][/COLOR]>
    and:
    [B]World Wide Web[/B]
    would be a more useful example.
    Last edited by feldon23; Mon 30 Jan '06, 7:06am.

Leave a comment:

• Acronym BBCode Not Working (Split from Original Thread)

Originally posted by Cle
    is there any way to use CSS in custom BB codes?
    Help!! While on subject(I like this discussion by the way)!! I'm in the admin 'edit bbcode' screen and can ANYBODY tell me why this is not working properly!!

In the actual field boxes I've left all (') single quotes out . . .
    HTML Code:
    Title='acronym'
    Tag='a'
    Replacement='<acronym title = "{option}">{param}</a>'
    Example='[a]abbreviated text[/a]'
    Description='expand abbreviations'
    Use {option} ='Yes'    
    Button Image (Optional) ='code.gif'
    Something STUPID I'm sure! Not that I seriously need this bb code (the recomended 'abbr' doesn't work at all by the way) in my editor but am simply experimenting with 'additions' and what I can / cannot do and HTML is enabled. (Manual insertion & new ICON in editor WORKS!)