Event reminders not being sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event reminders not being sent

No event reminders are being sent for any of the calendar events members subscribe to. I've checked the event reminders log and since I started the forum not one event has had a reminder sent. I can't find a way to switch them on ( just in case they are defaulted to off). Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it please??

Are you running vBulletin 3.5?
    vBulletin 3 didn't send reminders.
    Also, try running the scheduled task manually and see if that sends mails.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      Are you running vBulletin 3.5?
      vBulletin 3 didn't send reminders.
      Also, try running the scheduled task manually and see if that sends mails.
      3.5.3 some custom templates all updates applied, I've run scheduled task manager a couple of times and run it again today , nothing shows in the event log, its never sent an event reminder out.

Comment

very weird, just tried a 2 hour reminder and it worked but the log still doesn't any event reminders?? moving on to testing at 1 day reminder and will see what happens

Comment

Yes, I have the same problem also. I am using 3.5.3.

After running some checks, i believe there might be an issue with the scripts when you request reminder for event.

1) there's 2 tables of interest, event & reminder
          event
          should be holding the event details, such as title, description, time
          reminder should in my opinion, be used for holidng events reminders
          However after i request reminder for event and selecting 1 hour, i went in actively to check the content of table reminder.
          Nothing is registered there. I believe the cron/reminder.php script checks this table to see if it needs to send out reminders. If the entry is not made into the reminder table, then naturally no reminders will be sent out.

Developer team, pls advise.

Comment

The event reminders work fine for me on these forums. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

There's no hacks done and i've uploaded the entire upload directory. It still does not send out event reminders.

I've checked YES to log the Event Reminder Scheduled Task. But when I see Task Log, there's no entry made by this task.

Comment

Have you tried reverting your templates? You may have a template modification that is interfering with the running of Scheduled Tasks.

I can't duplicate this problem on an unhacked and unmoddified vB 3.5.3 test forum. If you can, then please feel free to report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Pls see
                  http://www2.hardwarezone.com/Internal/forums/

This is the raw vanilla version of the forums. There's absolutely no modifications done to the templates

Comment

When I request reminder of event, it appears in my UserCP. However, i did not recieve the email that's supposedly sent out by system to me.

I've enabled LOG ENTRIES function under EVENT REMINDER under Scheduled Tasks in AdminCP. However, when I view the TASK LOG, it does not show this task being run. Other scheduled tasks, however are logged in the TASK LOG

Comment

As I said if you have this problem on an unmodified forum, then please feel free to fill out a Bug Report.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi Steve,

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=2091

Your developer ask me to post in support forum while u ask me to fill a bug report.

So where do I go now?

Comment

This function works with an unmodified vB forum. If you have no modifictions then this is an email issue. If you don't see it, this may be because your spam filters are blocking our license emails. You will need to check your spam folder.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X