Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    In the future, pelase don't post any vBulletin files, on this site or any other.

The no permission issue was caused by it being a 3.0.x file and not a 3.5.0 file.

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    replied
    I think I figured it out, seesm that in fact there was a renamed index.php used to 'go to ' the forum from the toolbar as to not bring up the portal page. I fixed that, thanks for the other suggestions on fixing the other things,

N

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    replied
    Hello,

Im not sure, the site was set up by a designer who can no longer be reached.

We used a portal page, and that forum.php allowed people to view the forum without the portal page opening instead, otherwise jssut going back to the domain would work for that option. I guess I just need to research how to open the core forum area without actually using the utahfordclub.com/index.php would be the correct way to do so.

Is there such a way, if so I would make that the destination for the forum button instead of forum.php, I will look into it unless you know a differnet way to open the forum area without using the index.php

Are you sure it isn;t a VB file?? Here are the contents, has the VB copyright information in it, maybe it is just a copied and renamed file that IS part of the VB files, that was renamed and used in this situation:

N
    Last edited by Zachery; Mon 30 Jan '06, 10:41am.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What is forum.php? It is not a default vBulletin file.

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    replied
    Hello,

I have added the custom toolbar back. Please see the example:

This is me, the site admin, signed into my control panel.

http://www.utahfordclub.com/images/ex1.jpg

when I click the forums buttonk, it should go to

http://www.utahfordclub.com/forum.php

I get that error:

http://www.utahfordclub.com/images/ex2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The forums appear to be totally fine, I am missing the problem I think?

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    replied
    I understand that. At this point I am just trying to resolve the access issue in topic #1. I tried the disabling steps mentioned in the first reply, but that did not fix the issue, so im still stuck. I did not expect adding an additional style would hose the style we already had set up with teh custom header and graphics though. I was under the assumption that the other style would remain in place with the custom work we did, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Im also nto sure if the backup would reain that information. I know the information itself is not supported, but knowing if it would be saved with the backup that is part of the VB basic functions, it should be possible for someone to know if this infommration would have been saved so I could at least grab it again.

However, since it is saved mostly in the gallery template, I will add it back to the default style once the other issue is addressed.

N
    Last edited by NOok; Mon 30 Jan '06, 8:00am.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Nook, [please be aware we DO NOT provide support for any third party code, and in order for us to trouble shoot your problems in the process we will ask you to disable the third party code.

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    replied
    Hello:

1)I Disabled the plugins by adding:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

and the problem remains. The cpms page stopped working, but by using the backed up index page the toolbar is viewable normally, and the forum button still has that problem: http://www.utahfordclub.com/index129.php but the tool bar and top graphics are all still viewable, but the forum button still gives me that error.

Click forums, says I still dont have permission. I then removed the define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); line, site page comes up again.

Added the new style as directed, no parent, saved display order with the new one as #1, and now the main page www.utahfordclub.com is blank, and I dont see the custom header information in any of the styles, which cost a lot of money to pay someone to make and I dont have any way of knowing how to replace it. Made the backup index129.php the main index.php so at least the forum is viewablee again, but the custom graphic and toolbar we used is no longer present, and I don';t know how to retrieve it!

The gallery template still hase some of the toolbar, and most of the header functions, http://utahfordclub.com/gallery/main.php

When I use the forum button on that toolbar, I still get the permisisons error.

Would it be better to install the new VB SW and just do some sort of import on the backed up database or womething at this point? It appears I am losing ground and now the forum is not viewable from the domian at all now. Would the backed up database have all of the custom header information somewhere as the site had before????

2) Reverting the postbit templates ( there were 5 ) fixed the avatar problem.

3) Thanks Im lookign into this, thanks!

N
    Last edited by NOok; Mon 30 Jan '06, 6:59am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

2. This is a custom template problem. Start by reverting your postbit templates.

3. Upgrading always overwrites hacks. We do not provide support for hacks here. You need to check over at www.vbullletin.org for instructions on reinstallling this hack to 3.5.3.

Leave a comment:

• NOok
    started a topic Upgraded: Avatars and VB garage gone!

Upgraded: Avatars and VB garage gone!

Hi there,

Updated our forum at www.utahfordclub.com to the latest vbulletin update and have only a few problems I am hoping someone can help with:

1) When trying to view http://utahfordclub.com/forum.php I get:
    "Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? "
    I went through the search and found some others with the issue, but I can' t figure out what to do so that button on our toolbar will work for me. I tried setting my permissions ( Im the single admin ), adding myself to the registered members group, getting rid of the imorted custom groups, still can't see the problem.

2) Our avatars went away in our threads, I followed the directions in the upgrade directions to move them back between the sytems, but they are not appearing in posts any more. When signed in to the portal page, I DO see the avatar on my welcome bar, just not in the threads.

3) Vbgarage went away. This was expeced, and I expected having to add it again. What I did not expect, was not being able to find where to get the scripts or any information about the add-on! When I google for it, it just finds the sites also using it... I can't find the install/Info page for this add on, anyone know where I should start with that so I can install it again? I have a paid VB guy set it up the first time, now he is gone and hasn't answered emails in over a month. Secondary: Any hope of rescuing the old garages that were already set up?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm more than willing make worth whoever can iron these out for me's while.
    N
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X