Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge problem

Ok guys,

One of my admins was trying to add a mod application form.

Then this happened..

Basicly, i have no options in the admin cp at all.

I really need some help fast.

Thanks in advance.
    Jon

Anyone? its just i cant run my forum with no cp options!

Comment

*hopes steve or somone from the vb group can help, or i might have to go to a support ticket *

Comment

Do you have any plugins or hacks installed? If so, upload tools.php into the admincp directory and disable the plugin system using it.

If the problem remains, try reuploading the admincp directory and the cpstyles directory, I imagine they'd be the only files that would affect this.

Best I can suggest. I can't imagine this happening without something having modified the files in some way...

Comment

Hmm,

I had a go, and it didnt work, thanks for your imput, i dunno, if i could give someone ftp access and they could have a go

Comment

Originally posted by Adam001
            Hmm,

I had a go, and it didnt work, thanks for your imput, i dunno, if i could give someone ftp access and they could have a go
            Better ask for a support ticket then. It's not exactly wise to give your ftp address out to anybody, after all.

It's strange though, that re-uploading all the vb files (excluding images) wouldn't solve the problem. Are you sure you uploaded the original unmodified vB files from the member area?

Comment

yeah, i just hope that i put it in the right place, but i either didnt, or it didnt work.

I wasnt going to give ftp details to anyone

I was gonna give them to someone with the vb logo under there name

Comment

Originally posted by Adam001
                yeah, i just hope that i put it in the right place, but i either didnt, or it didnt work.
                You should be overwriting your existing files when you reupload, otherwise it's the wrong place.

I wasnt going to give ftp details to anyone

I was gonna give them to someone with the vb logo under there name
                lol, then the support ticket would be best so that it's open to all vB tech support staff, rather than whichever you send it to and it gets solved sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by RagnarokDensetsu
                  You should be overwriting your existing files when you reupload, otherwise it's the wrong place.

lol, then the support ticket would be best so that it's open to all vB tech support staff, rather than whichever you send it to and it gets solved sooner.
                  OH yeah, good point.

Thanks for your help

Comment

There's unlikely to be any need to reupload anything other than the admincp folder (which will overwrite your admincp files, surprisingly). If that doesn't work, then try something else

Comment

Nope, still having problems

Comment

Look in forum/includes/xml.

First try reuploading cpnav_vbulletin.xml. If that doesn't work, check to see if any files in there reference the mod application hack, and reupload them as well.
                        http://www.metalmusicians.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X