Cannot import database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot import database

I am moving hosts and I had my database on the existing host dumped and I then uploaded it to the root of my server to import it.

1st) the db is 585MB or so. I just realized that my attachment table alone is 560MB.

2nd) When I try to import on my current host, I get errors:
    [[email protected] mysql]# mysql socnetce_socnet_vb < /home/socnetce/socnet_vb.sql ERROR at line 35721:
    The (new) host then said:
    The database is not dumped correctly.It appears that you have dumped the database through PHpMyAdmin.If you have shell access on the anohter host you can try to import the database with the mysqldump command that is efficent.
    So I contacted the old host and they said:
    Not true - I dumped it through the shell - mysqldump command. I will try again... Although I wonder if it's a content issue - I remember having some trouble when I transferred the DB from server to server.
    I will see if I can do it again.
    and then said:

Just tried the dump again, and it error'd out on Attachments... So the DB is corrupt. You should look into the VB on the server and see if you can fix it ... Maybe even clearing out the attachments prior to a certain date or something.
    So I logged into the vb on the current host (running V3.5.0 RC1, which all is working fine btw, from everything I can observe) and ran repair/optimize. When doing that, this is the only error I receive:
    attachmentviews Check Error: Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)
    HELP!

what method are you using to back up the db?
    Joshua Combs
    Webmaster/Founder Quad4forums.com | ECOTECforum.com
    Streamline Web Solutions
    [email protected]

Comment

This is what my old host stated:

Not true - I dumped it through the shell - mysqldump command. I will try again... Although I wonder if it's a content issue - I remember having some trouble when I transferred the DB from server to server.
      I will see if I can do it again.
      They then put it in the root dir of the server, I downloaded it in ASCII and then uploaded it to the root of my new server in ASCII and they then tried to import.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Check the db backup, particularly line 35721. There is defintely a problem with that backup and my guess is that it is not complete.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This is the only error I am finding in the db:

Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)
            Error
            SQL-query :
            SHOW KEYS FROM `attachmentviews`
            MySQL said:

#1017 - Can't find file: 'attachmentviews.MYD' (errno: 2)

Do I drop this table? Or is there a way to fix it?

Comment

Run these queries to recreate this tables (assuming you have no table prefix):

1:
              DROP TABLE IF EXISTS attachmentviews;

2:
              CREATE TABLE attachmentviews (
              attachmentid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
              KEY postid (attachmentid)
              );

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK, according to phpmyadmin, it's no longer showing an error. But then right afterwards I tried to login to the vB admincp and each time I try to login it logs me in but returns me to the admincp login page, so I have no way of getting into the admincp.

Comment

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I uploaded tools.php and when I try to access it, I receive the following:
                    Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.

Comment

FYI: I can't access the admincp on my desktop but just realized I can access it on laptop. I never made any changes to the cookie domain or path. It just happened after I ran the changes you mentioned earlier in phpmyadmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Rambo
                        I uploaded tools.php and when I try to access it, I receive the following:
                        Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
                        This error means you eitther did not upload it correctly, it has the wrong file permissions, or the URL you are using is wrong.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Which file permissions should it have?

Comment

Generally it should be 644.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Disregard, I see what happened. It was mistakenly uploaded to the folder mirroring vB. My mistake. That part of the problem is fixed now. I still cannot login to the admincp via IE, but I can in firefox on my desktop and on my laptop. Should I just delete the cookie for the domain in IE?

Now I will try to import the new db.

Comment

Working...
                              X