Delete a Phrase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete a Phrase

I'm confused. I thought I had done this before, but I can not seem to find the delete function for a phrase.

I added custom phrases, and now I want to remove them. I go to the phrase manager and search for my phrases. Once I find them, there is an edit button. ( i thought there used to be a delete button too )

When I click the edit button, there is no option for delete.

What am I missing here?

I just tested this. You have to delete it from the main Phrase Manager.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I just tested this. You have to delete it from the main Phrase Manager.
      Thanks, that helped me half way =)

3 of my phrases have the yellow edit/delete buttons. 2 of my phrases just have the white edit button like all the other default phrases. these are definately custom named phrases. example: error_sde_banned & error_sde_server_error

any idea why those 2 wont' let me delete?

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Nope. As I said I created a phrase and was able to delete it just fine. I even create a 'error_sde_banned' phrase and had no trouble deleting it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Nope. As I said I created a phrase and was able to delete it just fine. I even create a 'error_sde_banned' phrase and had no trouble deleting it.
          i guess i somehow messed up when entering them in. thanks for your time and testing my case.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X