Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions 1- Search engine / 1 - New users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions 1- Search engine / 1 - New users.

HIya, I have two quick questions.

I currently run a forum, and one section is fed by RSS news feeds.

This means of course that those feeds clog up the "New Posts", is there a way to stop them appearing in new posts, I have tryed telling it now to index that section, but that didnt work.

Second, is there anyway to force users under the age of 18 into a diffrent usergroup upon registration.

I have certain sections of the forum that I allow swearing in and the posting rules are relaxed, so from time to time its not unheard off for nudity to be posted.

I have a "Registered under 18" usergroup set up, but as my forum is growing quickly, I would like to force people to have to input there date of birth on registration (pretty sure I know how to do that) and have anyone under 18 forced into the under 18 usergroup.

Is this possible ?

Thank in advance

Lee.

Try to edit the navbar getnew link by adding &exlude=x where x is hte number of the forumid that has hte rss feeds.

Comment

The 18 usergroup upon registration requires a source code hack or a plugin. But in 3.5.3 you can force them to enter a dob

Comment

1) See this thread.

2) There is only a COPPA age restriction at 13 years of age. Implementing a automatic usergroup change at age 18 would require custom code (plugin or file hack). I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org about this.

Comment

Cheers Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            The 18 usergroup upon registration requires a source code hack or a plugin. But in 3.5.3 you can force them to enter a dob
            How can you do this, Floris?

edit--forget it I found it
            Last edited by mikecp421; Fri 3 Feb '06, 6:17pm.
            lincolnsofdistinction.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X