Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registering email confirmation users

2 questions

I have 611 users that are under the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group. Is it any way I can register all these people in one task?

Also, I've been getting alot of errors in my email lately. Something with lost connections. Is that something VB is doing? Or something with my host?

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/mysite.com/web_users/forum/includes/class_core.php 
    on line 273

MySQL Error  : 
    Error Number : 
    Date         : Tuesday, January 24th 2006 @ 09:49:14 AM
    Script       : 
    [URL="http://www.mysite.com/~forum/search.php?do=getdaily"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.mysite.com/~forum/search.php?do=getdaily[/COLOR][/URL]
    Referrer     : 
    [URL="http://www.mysite.com/~forum/search.php?"][COLOR=#003399]http://www.mysite.com/~forum/search.php?[/COLOR][/URL]
    IP Address   : 167.102.133.216
    Username     :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

The first issue you point out is possible to do quite quickly.

Admin Control Panel > Users > Move/Prune Users > Select the usergroup you want to move users from, set the days to 0 and click the submit button.

Important! Right now you have a list with results, you can mass select them all and then select an option. Please note that you can choose between MOVE and PRUNE. If you would choose prune ALL these users are deleted. That is something you want to avoid. Select MOVE!

Comment

In regards to the MySQL error, if you check your phpinfo what is the memory_limit set to? If this is 1 or 8 MB, request your hosting provider to change this to 16MB.

Yes, this is an issue with the hosting provider and not caused by vBulletin. When vB tries to run a query (like get the results from getdaily search query) than it appears it has lost the connection to the MySQL server. You could request your host to look into the mysql server logs why it shuts down and restarts.

Comment

Will do Thanks alot.

Comment

Good luck with your community.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdancer36
            2 questions

I have 611 users that are under the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group. Is it any way I can register all these people in one task?
            Most of those users gave you bogus e-mail addresses when they registered and have no intention of returning. Do you really want to pollute your Registered usergroup with these users?

You can reduce the number of bogus registrations by:
            #1 Indicate that registrations with bogus e-mails will not be validated.
            #2 Make a clear indication of what features are available WITHOUT REGISTERING.

A lot of users register thinking they need to to view the forums and threads even though most forums don't require this.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
              Most of those users gave you bogus e-mail addresses when they registered and have no intention of returning. Do you really want to pollute your Registered usergroup with these users?

You can reduce the number of bogus registrations by:
              #1 Indicate that registrations with bogus e-mails will not be validated.
              #2 Make a clear indication of what features are available WITHOUT REGISTERING.

A lot of users register thinking they need to to view the forums and threads even though most forums don't require this.
              Okay I'm a little confused. A few weeks ago I THOUGHT I disabled the email verification deal. Come to find out I didn't. However for some reason folks aren't getting the verification email! I think it's becuz of my host spam policy. I've been getting in large numbers of registrations. I need to change host bad. NEVER EVER use globat. They a joke!

Comment

Using the quirky Move/Prune Users feature, you can perform an action on a selection set of users.

You can Search for users (alas, no support for Additional/Secondary Usergroups!) such as "I want every user who has registered in the last month and who a member of the Awaiting E-mail Confirmation to be moved to Registered".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X