Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can I not make my own $post[] variable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can I not make my own $post[] variable?

I am trying to add a small bar to the bottom of my postbit. I added a field named praises to the mysql table post which stores a number. I am trying to get the number to display in the bar underneath a member's post when that specific post has at least 1 praise. However using $post[praises] doesn't seem to work. instead it displays the bar on every post that user has made instead of displaying post specific praises.

why are the variables like $post[userid] post specific, but my $post[praises] is not?

I have also posted my problem over at vb.org, but nobody is replying:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106003
    Last edited by nullified; Sun 22nd Jan '06, 9:19am.

That will require modifying the code and you'll need to pursue this at vbulletin.org. If no one replies you may have to post in the Service Requests forum there to hire someone to code this for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know it's a matter to be solved at vbulletin.org, but could you at least tell me why variables like $post[userid] are post specific, but my $post[praises] is not? I may be able to solve it myself if I can find this out.

Comment

I think he is talking about the adding custom extra fields in Profile and having them displayed on the postbit. This is possible and should use the current vB features, though I can't help you, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Otikeu
          I think he is talking about the adding custom extra fields in Profile and having them displayed on the postbit. This is possible and should use the current vB features, though I can't help you, sorry.
          If that's the case, then here are the instructions for doing this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168741
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's not what I am doing. Thanks anyways.

Can you tell me how to show a field in the table post on the postbit?
            Last edited by nullified; Sun 22nd Jan '06, 10:06am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X