Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Birthdays not working

vB3.5
    i am having problems displaying todays Birthdays.
    i have set every option in the usergroups and forum options to make users birthdays viewable but they are still not showing up at the bottom of the forums home page.
    i have tried caching the forum via the tools.php script.
    i must be missing something.
    i know its not supported by vB but i also use CMPS and tried to use a module to pull the birthday information from the db but still reports there are no birthdays for today when i know there is..(my own!)
    please help.
    http://twobrutal.co.uk/TBforum

Goto your

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Today's Birthdays?

Set this to 'Yes'.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I have the same problem.
      Birthdays and Events do not show.
      AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Today's Birthdays? is set to yes..
      I also have it set to display events within 90 days.

Comment

Add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if anything is displayed.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I did a freash install and its now working. Dunno why it didnt show my birthday. Also for the events I was thinking it should show holidays but guess not because when I made a new event it showed up.:P

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
            Add a new Style and select 'No Parent Style'. This will force it to use the default templates. Switch to this Style and see if anything is displayed.
            we're using 3.5.3 version (full upgrade)

and just tried all the steps plus the one in the quotes above. Birthday events are not showing up like they used to.

This last idea (the one in quotes above) had no effect whatsoever, except to remove our customization.
            Have a nice day
            http://www.duneram.com

Comment

fwiw:

<if condition="$show['birthdays']">
              <!-- temporarily removing the if -->
              <!-- the if on this test. will work on this -->
              <!-- with vbulletin support -->
              </if>
              If I disable the if block, it displays the birthday section. In my options, it shows that birthdays are supposed to be shown. Which exact control panel/page controls this setting?
              I suspect that in the upgrade, it somehow got toggled but for somereason the control panel isn't showing the correct state.

further clarification:
              on a members profile, it shows the birthday. However in the calendar we are not seeing the birthday show up. All the settings are correct from what I can tell (I followed the directions in this thread).

This all started happening after we went to 3.5.3
              Last edited by hapbird; Thu 23 Feb '06, 6:57am.
              Have a nice day

Comment

<if condition="$show['birthdays']">
                I just looked in my setting database table and found the following entries (varname like '%birthday%')

fwiw:
                varname: showbirthdays
                grouptitle: forumhome
                value: 1
                defaultvalue:1
                optioncode: yesno
                displayorder: 20
                advanced:0
                volatile:1
                datatype: boolean
                product: vbulletin

varname: reqbirthday
                grouptitle: user
                value: 1
                optioncode: yesno
                displayorder: 5
                advanced:0
                volatile:1
                datatype: boolean
                product: vbulletin
                defaultvalue:0

Does this help at all?

Originally posted by hapbird
                If I disable the if block, it displays the birthday section. In my options, it shows that birthdays are supposed to be shown. Which exact control panel/page controls this setting?
                I suspect that in the upgrade, it somehow got toggled but for somereason the control panel isn't showing the correct state.

further clarification:
                on a members profile, it shows the birthday. However in the calendar we are not seeing the birthday show up. All the settings are correct from what I can tell (I followed the directions in this thread).

This all started happening after we went to 3.5.3
                Have a nice day

Comment

got birthdays to work with a workaround

This is not a good workaround in my opinion. I'd say its some sort of bug in the software.

I followed all the steps mentioned in this thread but nothing worked.

i then took out the if conditional previously mentioned.

To get the birthday to show up (for one of our users) i had to do the following:

1) changed the persons profile so that it displays the age and date of birth (previously was set to display age).

It then appeared on the main page.

I then removed the person's birth year from the profile so they could maintain a bit of privacy (although it doesn't matter, since they display their age and u know the day of birth (month/day).

This really looks like a bug to me.

I don't want to have to go through all of my user profiles and change this setting just so birthdays can show up.
                  Have a nice day

Comment

We have the same problem as above on 3.6.x. Maybe it's connected to different date format? But I modyfied user options to show only age (and reverted then) and birthdays suddenly started to show up. I don't want to do that every day, so?

Comment

I was having the same problem with vb 3.6.5 .. I did what you suggested and all is working again ..

really weird ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X