Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search error?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Search error?

    I keep getting the following error anytime someone does a search on my forum:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

    Invalid SQL:

    SELECT
    thread.threadid
    FROM vb3_thread AS thread
    INNER JOIN vb3_post AS post ON(thread.threadid = post.threadid )
    WHERE MATCH(post.title, post.pagetext) AGAINST ('+24' IN BOOLEAN MODE);

    MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'BOOLEAN MODE)

    ' at line 6
    Error Number : 1064
    Date : Sunday, January 15th 2006 @ 08:11:53 PM
    Script : http://www.axioentertainment.com/forum/search.php
    Referrer : http://www.axioentertainment.com/forum/
    IP Address : 69.91.33.71
    Username : waltherone
    Classname : vb_database
    Is it simply boolean mode that is throwing the error? Or is it something else?

  • #2
    This happens on any search?

    To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

    If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

    Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This happens on any search?
      It works fine unless someone uses characters like +, _, etc. It seems that special characters make the search error out. Even wildstars like * throw out errors.
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
      I turned off all the plugins I had and reverted all the templates and it still throws out the same error.
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
      I did this and still get the same error.
      Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      I'm not sure how to do this, some more details please?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by axiomotion
        I'm not sure how to do this, some more details please?
        Just create a new Style, only put in a name, leave all other settings at default. Now change to this new style when viewing your board, and try if this solves the error.

        PS What MySQL version are you using?
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

        Comment

        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X