• pr3dsi
    replied
    ok yea that worked..thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It should work if you have everything setup correctly. Please start a new thread with all the relevant info.

Leave a comment:

• rivacityj

• rivacityj
    replied
    I have a question on this subject. I just recently installed the bb software. Just to test out the system I tried registering as a normal user would, clicked the appropriate link in the activation email I received, but still don't have permission to post and the name still appears in the "Users awaiting email confirmation" category. What could be the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Verify Email address in Registration

Leave a comment:

• pr3dsi

• pr3dsi
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• matt621
    replied
    thank you for the help.

Leave a comment:

• matt621
    replied
    Also, it shows one user in "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation".

I take it this is someone who has not responsded to the confirmation email.

So how do you resend the confirmation and if they don't reply, how do you remove them?

Leave a comment:

• maroulis

• maroulis
    replied
    there's a manual and you can spend a couple of hours to familiarise yourself w/VB.. phpBB is full of holes and get's hacked every other day...

anyway - back to your problem, go to ADMINCP ---> UserGroup Manager ---> Registered Users (I assume your friends have registered and performed email verification) ---> Post Thread permissions now look at the last setting and make sure it's set to YES

Follow Forum Moderation Rules If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue

Leave a comment:

• matt621
    started a topic Newbee problem: I'm lost

Newbee problem: I'm lost

The board is setup just fine and we had about 7 people register, however none can post because I have not approved them. I was unable to figure out how to do this before, and I read a post about it being easier to do in 3.5, so I paid to update to 3.5, but now I can't find place to go to approve people.

As much as it pains me to say this, I regret choosing vb. I was going to use phpbb, which I'm fairly familiar with, but on the recommendation of some people who have big sites I bought VB because they said one day I'd wish I did.

All I can say is today, I wish I didn't.