Clear All

• Database migration from VB 3.03 to 3.53

Is there a tool available to perform this migration or any recommended
    procecedures?

Thanks,

Gladys

Nevermind. I guess I just should use Impex

Comment

I tried to use Impex and since it just gave me the option to upgrade to 3.51, I cancelled the import and tried to download a newer version of Impex just in case. Well, if I try to run Impex again, it gives me the following error:
      ImpEx Database errormysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed
      mysql error:
      mysql error number: 0
      Date: Saturday 14th of January 2006 08:33:45 PM

I tried deleting the session, removing importids and even restarting MySQL with no luck. Any suggestions?

Gladys

Comment

The 'false, connect failed' error means that the info in your ImpExConfig.php file is wrong. You need to correct this info.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok. I did that and it "seems" that most of it worked. In the What's Going On? section it shows the right stats for users and threads. However, I am unable to see any of it under the admin cp Forum Manageer section nor the index page. How do I get to those imported items?

Thanks,

Gladys

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/i...rsion=30501500

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there any way to prevent Impex from being run without needing an admin account? Should I leave Impex installed once I finish with it? If so, then how do I remove it from the admincp templates? I searche the article above just in case this information was there but I was not able to find it.

Thanks for your time,

Gladys

Comment

Another bug I found includes the fact that when I run the couter resets as you specified, it cleared my whole CSS (file CSS) so all my customizations are gone. I posted something similar in the bugs section some time ago.

Comment

Remove the impex directory and all Impex files.

I don't understand the second issue but if you posted in the Bug tracker then it will be followed up on there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X