Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to work with tools.php but I am not allowed to use it

Hello,

I need to use tools.php to reimport the default language.
    The problem is, that If I upload "tools.php" to "forum/admincp" I can't no longer use admincp. vB says: "Security problem, please remove tools.php from admincp".

So: How should I use tools.php?

You need to call it directly:

www.yourdomain.com/path_to_your_forum/admincp/tools.php

Comment

Originally posted by BassX
      I tried this, but I will get a blank page.

Comment

You need to remove tools.php to access the Admin CP. This is a security precaution.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You need to remove tools.php to access the Admin CP. This is a security precaution.
          I think you didn't understand me

I need tools.php to reimport the default language.
          But If I put tools.php into admincp, I cannot access admincp.

...okay, this seems to be, because of security - it is wanted.

But If I try opening tools.php directly, I will get a blank page.

Comment

Use tools.php to do the import, remove tools.php then access the Admin CP. I do this all the time in support tickets.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Use tools.php to do the import, remove tools.php then access the Admin CP. I do this all the time in support tickets.
              May be... I think the problem is, that tools.php will be a blank page.

This seems to be the problem.

Comment

This problem is almost always because the file was not uploaded correctly. Make sure you upload this in ASCII format and overwrite the one on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I tried this many times. Redownloading...

I think I have to mention, that I am using "IIS" with "PHP 5.1.2".
                  So, it is localhost, no upload...

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If i understand what your saying, you cant have tools.php uploaded at the same time, while trying to access the ACP.

Comment

Yes, you cannot access the Admin CP when tools.php is in the admincp directory.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment