How to add extra user info in postbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add extra user info in postbit

We held a photo contest regularly and I need to add some extra info for all users in their postbit. Ex.

Contest Win: 3

where the number will be added manualy to specific user whenever there is a new winner. How do I do this?

Thanks

Create a private user profile field, enter the number and make it display in the postbit adding the following code:
    PHP Code:
    <if condition="$post['fieldX']"><div>$post[fieldX]</div></if> 
    Just replace the X with the ID of the userprofile field you want to be displayed.
    *Insert text here* :)

Comment

I see. I added the code but only the number show up, no field name.
      do I missed something here?
      mine look like this:

Comment

There is information here (but it might only apply to ver. 3.0)--maybe someone can confirm/deny.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108785

Comment

My question is regarding how to place the field label right below the username on the postbit (not postbit_legacy). Where in the template code should it insert the above noted php?

Thanks.

Comment

<bump>

Comment

I followed the instructions on the link provided, I added in the proper code. But when I look at the post.... it doesn't display the words "REAL NAME" like the profile I set up for it, it just displays their name.

Example:
              : James

The colon shows up but not the field name REAL NAME. When I put in the $vbphrase[real_name] nothing shows up.... so my question is where do I find out what the proper code is for the stuff in the [?????]? Like what is VB calling it after I created the field? Cuz its not Real_Name, real_name, etc.

EDIT: I found the proper code to do it in 3.5....

<if condition="$post['fieldX']"><div>"NAME OF YOUR FIELD HERE": $post[fieldX]</div></if>
              Last edited by PUREVIL; Sat 21 Jan '06, 2:20am.
              www.northernanimation.com www.dakota-poker.com

Comment

How do you get it to display just under the username in the postbit instead of the right-side?
                Last edited by rnmcd; Sat 21 Jan '06, 8:30pm.

Comment

<bump>

Comment

Sorry Im using Legacy on my forum, but I'd assume its the same... you just put the under the user title code..... i've never seen anyone put a profile field under the user name but I dont see why you couldn't... either remove the user title code or paste the new code between the user name and user title.

Make sure your editing the proper template... in your case postbit legacy. Read the code (that part stinks) and paste the code I posted previously where you want it to show up.
                    www.northernanimation.com www.dakota-poker.com

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
                      My question is regarding how to place the field label right below the username on the postbit (not postbit_legacy). Where in the template code should it insert the above noted php?

Thanks.
                      PHP Code:
                      <if condition="$post['field=X']">

field_name$post[fieldX]
                      </if><
                      br
                      Simple enough fix. Just replace "field_name" with whatever you want to appear. The name of the field, something else, it's completely up to you. Though it might be less confusing if you keep it to the name of the field. You can add html markups around that if you'd like it to appear bold, italic, underlined, however you wish.
                      Last edited by RagnarokDensetsu; Sun 22 Jan '06, 12:20am.

Comment

RagnarokDensetsu, I was referring to how to get the field to display in a certain area of the postbit.

Comment

Originally posted by PUREVIL
                          Sorry Im using Legacy on my forum, but I'd assume its the same... you just put the under the user title code..... i've never seen anyone put a profile field under the user name but I dont see why you couldn't... either remove the user title code or paste the new code between the user name and user title.

Make sure your editing the proper template... in your case postbit legacy. Read the code (that part stinks) and paste the code I posted previously where you want it to show up.
                          Puredevil, I think you mean, " ake sure your editing the proper template... in your case postbit." Not postbit_legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by rnmcd
                            RagnarokDensetsu, I was referring to how to get the field to display in a certain area of the postbit.
                            My error, somehow I misread that as how to get the name tag for the label

And sorry, I can't figure it out for you. :/

Comment

Hello,

Here is the add-on allows you to do it with no need to modify any templates ..etc.

I just installed it in my VB 3.6.0

Profile Fields in Postbits

Good luck,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X