Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Subscriptions Worldpay Description

Hi,

We have a forum and are looking to introduce private member forums where a subscription will be charged. We've got all this setup without problems, except for the fact that the description field on the worldpay form seems to contain random encrypted data rather than anything useful. How can we fix this please?

You can see what I mean here:
    http://www.a4uforum.co.uk/payments.php

Many thanks,
    Tom

You don't allow guests to view that page.

What I suggest first is to upgrade to 3.5.3 to see if you still have this problem. If so, try using a style with all the original templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response.

I spent the day yesterday messing about with things trying to get to the bottom of this, I even called up Worldpay to ask them, they said everything appeared to be working fine and said they would send logs to show the callback being sent to our site. I should get those logs later today.

1. I have upgraded the forum to 3.5.3
      2. I have reverted the forum back to the default style
      3. We have installed the CMPS front page system, but I can't see that effecting things.
      4. Other than that its a default installation really.
      5. We are testing now with a lesser used forum
      http://www.a4uaustralia.com

One thing that I did notice is that the description seems to be passed through to worldpay as a jumble of characters, rather than the proper description, could this be related?

Worldpay takes the payments fine, but the subscription isn't being listed in the subscription manager...

How can we fix this, can you recommend any further steps to take to track down this problem as I have run out of ideas.

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Try thiis. Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is relatedto one or more changes you made.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I downloaded a brand new version of the forum from the downloads area and installed on another domain we run you can see here

http://www.uk-concert-tickets.co.uk/forums/index.php

I didn't alter anything from the default setup.

1. I then created a new usergroup called Private Members
          2. I then created a new forum and set its permissions so that only the Private Members usergroup can see or post in it.
          3. Then I set up World Pay in the Payment API Manager, putting in our Installation ID and callback password.
          4. I then setup a new subscription using the Subscription Manager called 'Private Members Access'
          4.1 In the Usergroup Options I set it to Private Members
          4.2 In the Forums Options I set it to 'Yes' for the private forum
          4.3 I set the subscription cost to £1 (for testing) and subscription length to 365 days (not recurring)

This is exactly the same procedure i've been following on the other two installations i've set all this up on.

I did a test and paid via the payments screen and my worldpay transaction went through without any problems, but the subscription manager was not updated as before... so it still isn't working

One thing I did notice was that the description field that is passed through to worldpay is still messed up and full of strange characters, rather than the proper description (I thought this was a customised template issue but clearly it isn't)

The other thing i've noticed is that the 'Test Communication' option in the 'Paid Subscriptions' menu in admin shows me the following:

Paypal cURL Fail Streams Pass NOCHEX cURL Fail Streams Fail
          Not sure what that's for but might be related?

I think this must be a bug with vbulletin, does anyone else use subscriptions with worldpay?

Thanks,
          Tom

Comment

I believe the issue is one of the failures you see in the test communication. I'll ask the Devs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Many thanks, look forward to getting this one sorted its been bugging us for days.

Comment

According to thr Devs, make sure that the callback password and URL are correct within settings and its enabled in the Payment API manager.

http://www.example.com/forum/payment...ethod=worldpay

Also you need to check the webserver logs to make sure worldpay is sending data back.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but i've already tried this. I've setup the callback password and made sure its the same in Worldpay as in vbulletin. World pay is enabled and has a tick next to it in the first Payment API Manager screen.

Here are the logs sent back to me by Worldpay, showing that the script was called and completed without generating an error. I think there must be a problem with the payment_gateway script.

Please find below the callbacklog for transaction ID 153309010:

======================================Trying 153309010
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Match 0: At 16:45:58 on 20060117 - MerchReq-754 on server mggaeq4a
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------

[16:45:58 MerchReq-754]: Starting...
                  [16:45:58 MerchReq-754]: <HTTP Request> to: www.a4uforum.co.uk
                  [16:45:59 MerchReq-754]: <HTTP Response> Received: 200: OK
                  [16:45:59 MerchReq-754]: <HTTP Response> Parsed: text/html
                  [16:45:59 MerchReq-754]: Done.

-----------------------------------------------------------
                  Request log (20060117 / 16:45:58 / mggaeq4a / MerchReq-754)
                  -----------------------------------------------------------

======= 164558-MerchReq-754-httpReq.log
                  =========================================
                  /payment_gateway.php?msgType=authResult&installation=120530&method=worldpay
                  HTTP/1.0
                  Content-Length: 678
                  Host: www.a4uforum.co.uk
                  User-Agent: WJHRO/1.0 (WorldPay Java HTTP Request Object)
                  Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=ISO-8859-1

testMode=0&authCost=1.0&currency=GBP&address=Myaddress&countryString=United+Kingdom&callba ckPW
                  =94518451&installation=120530&fax=&countryMatch=Y&transId=153309010&AVS=2222
                  &amountString=%26%23163%3B1.00&postcode=PO2+1AA&msgType=authResult&name=Mr+J
                  Doe&tel=&transStatus=Y&desc=Private+Forum+Access&cardType=Visa+D
                  elta&lang=en&transTime=1137516356534&authAmountString=%26%23163%3B1.00&authA
                  mount=1.0&ipAddress=195.26.247.3&cost=1.0&instId=120530&amount=1.0&compName=
                  Company+Ltd&country=GB&rawAuthMessage=cardbe.msg.authorised&email=tom%40exis
                  tem.com&authCurrency=GBP&rawAuthCode=A&cartId=+Subscription&authMode=A

------------------------------------------------------------
                  Response log (20060117 / 16:45:58 / mggaeq4a / MerchReq-754)
                  ------------------------------------------------------------

======= 164558-MerchReq-754-httpRes.log
                  =========================================
                  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                  Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:45:53 GMT
                  Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2
                  mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22
                  OpenSSL/0.9.7a
                  X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10
                  Set-Cookie: bblastvisit=1137516353; expires=Wed, 17-Jan-07 16:45:53 GMT;
                  path=/
                  Set-Cookie: bblastactivity=0; expires=Wed, 17-Jan-07 16:45:53 GMT; path=/
                  Connection: close
                  Content-Type: text/html
                  ======================================

This log shows a 200 response, so your script has received the http POST,
                  and has completed without generating an error.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
                  Tom

Comment

Unfortunately I'm caught in the middle relaying messages back and forth to the Devs. I'll let them know that you still need assistance.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi,

Any luck getting a fix for this?

Thanks,
                      Tom

Comment

I dont see a transaction id from vBulletin, its a 32 character hahs.

Is that a full log of the request?
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Are you sure your template is not modified, I went and checked and the template subscription_payment_worldpay should be this

HTML Code:
                          <input type="hidden" name="desc" value="$item" />
                          <input type="hidden" name="cost" value="$cost" />
                          <input type="hidden" name="currency" value="$currency" />
                          <input type="hidden" name="instId" value="$settings[worldpay_instid]" />
                          <input type="hidden" name="cartId" value="$title Subscription" />
                          Where $item is a hash code that is 32 characters long indicating the user it belongs to and what choice they made.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Hi,

Yes we have done a completely new fresh install of the forum version 3.5.3 The template subscription_payment_worldpay looks like this:

Code:
                            <input type="hidden" name="desc" value="$item" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="cost" value="$cost" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="currency" value="$currency" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="instId" value="$settings[worldpay_instid]" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="cartId" value="$title Subscription" />
                            The log included is the complete one sent to us by Worldpay.

Is this something which can be fixed in the next release or should we code up our own solution and hack something together?

Thanks,
                            Tom

Comment

Well it doesn't look like it worked. From the log you posted its sending
                              desc=Private+Forum+Access

which isn't what we intend to send.

Can you go to the payment page just before you click worldpay and grab the source for that page.
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X