Odd post habits. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd post habits. HELP!

Can someone help me? Every once in awhile a post or PM shows up like this. I've found it's triggered by something that is written but I havn't figured out what that is. Any ideas?

Odd habits.

Exact text posted.

Normal.

Forgot to mention, it seems it only happens when I post. I havn't seen any other posts like this from anyone else. Perhaps my browser is at fault? I"m baffled.

Comment

Have you tried a diffferent browser, or disabling specific programs that filter Internet traffic?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It does the same thing in every browser I've tried. And I don't know that I have any Internet traffic filters.

Comment

Sorry, if this is only happening to you, it's got to be something on your end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's not just me. After asking I've found just about everyone sees them like this every once in awhile. Here's an AIM convo with one person:

kr580 was taken: can you do me a favor?
            kr580 was taken: go your PM's and open the one you sent to me (if you save them) when you said "No problem. Thanks anyway."
            MiamiU083: i deleted it
            kr580 was taken: darn
            MiamiU083: :-X
            MiamiU083: why?
            kr580 was taken: did you open it after you sent it?
            MiamiU083: i might have
            kr580 was taken: did it look normal?
            kr580 was taken: er... here
            kr580 was taken: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/325/odd14jm.gif
            kr580 was taken: see how it's a funky lookin
            MiamiU083: yeah i dunno
            kr580 was taken: darn
            MiamiU083: but so far
            MiamiU083: they all look like that
            MiamiU083: i think
            kr580 was taken: all the PM's?
            MiamiU083: that i have replied and gotten
            MiamiU083: yeah
            kr580 was taken: ok
            kr580 was taken: thanks
            MiamiU083: np

So it's not just me. It's a forum problem.

Comment

Does this only happen when using nested quotes?

Try first to create a new Style with no parent set. Try browsing the forum with the new style. Do you still have the same problem?
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Works fine with the default layout. I figured it was something I added but I was hoping someone had seen it before.

Comment

After fiddling for a while I fixed it somehow. I didn't notice what I changed to make it go back. Oh well.

Comment