Plugin Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Questions?

Hi, i am currently in the process of "coding" my first plugin for vBulletin 3.5.x, and was wondering if you could help me out in the some of the basics of it. Firstly, the basis of this plugin is to display a list of contained forums onto an external page, (powered by vBadvanced). Now i know you dont support modified boards, but you can provide guidance on howto create plugins right?

Firstly, what i would like to do is to display the contained forums, by calling a template which would contain all the appropriate variables such as <a href='forumdisplay.php?f=$forumid'>$forum[title_clean]</a>. Now i am assuming that within my created plugin i would have to define what items such as $forumid, and $forum[title_clean] equate to? How would this be done?

In total i would like to like to display the $forumid, the $forum[title_clean], and finally $forum[statusicon] any support or guidance on items such as coding syntax, conventions and general help is vastly appreciated. We've all got to start coding somewhere right

I don't have a link for it, but I know there is a thread on www.vbulletin.org that explains the basics of programming within the vBulletin API. It explains things such as how to call a template, query the database, etc.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98009
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X