No announcement yet.

Users getting 65535 unread PMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem reported by a few users! No point opening a ticket if there's no fix to this problem. Recently upgraded to MySQL 5. Running vB 3.5.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurous
      Same problem reported by a few users! No point opening a ticket if there's no fix to this problem. Recently upgraded to MySQL 5. Running vB 3.5.4.
      We don't know if there's a fix or even what the issue is unless someone opens a ticket so we can investigate this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

me too...

We have the same issue after upgrade mysql4 to mysql5.Looks like we have to wait for the fix.
        Originally posted by Steve Machol
        We don't know if there's a fix or even what the issue is unless someone opens a ticket so we can investigate this.

Comment

Here's another one with the issue - after upgrade to mysql 5...
          TMM,
          Tornevalls

Comment

Fixed

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=2432

Comment

Originally posted by Aurous
              Thanks!

(I just wrote a small hack that makes it possible for users to reset the folder 0-counter manually (here's the source). Maybe it is'nt necessary to use, if I patch the forum instead. )
              TMM,
              Tornevalls

Comment

woo hoo

Comment

Same problem, submitted ticket to ask additional question about fix.

Comment

Has a fix been determined yet for this issue?

I recently converted an IPB 2.1.6 forum to vB 3.5.4 and the other day one of my members reported having 65535 unread PMs. I applied the patched code as mentioned in the bug report, but that did not correct the problem. Any other suggestions?
                    ...john2k...

Comment

I am also wondering if there is a fix for this. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to get fixed as some members have complained about this.

Comment

If you are not running 3.5.5, upgrade to see if this fixes the problem. If you are running 3.5.5, then please post a bug report.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by kerplunk View Post
                          I am also wondering if there is a fix for this. It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to get fixed as some members have complained about this.
                          It is fixed as per the bug report that Aurous posted.

Comment

Originally posted by john2k View Post
                            Has a fix been determined yet for this issue?

I recently converted an IPB 2.1.6 forum to vB 3.5.4 and the other day one of my members reported having 65535 unread PMs. I applied the patched code as mentioned in the bug report, but that did not correct the problem. Any other suggestions?
                            The fix stops the count from getting to 65535 through the bug, if a users count is borked already the patch will not correct their count until either you manually fix the DB entry or some usual PM activity should fix it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X