Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

I have vb version 3.7 php
    will be possible to upgrade to 3.5.3 with php4 or do i continue with just php?
    I have done the upgrade and I downloaded the version php4 file but my links are still pointing to the old php link therefore giving me blank page or page not found error please assist thanks

Sorry I don't understand the question. Please explain. And please use the exact version numbers.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok lets try this again..

When I purchased my license for vbulletin 3.7, during download there was options for php or php4, so i chosed php.

now that I am doing upgrading to vb 3.5.3 during download of the file i have the same options of php or php4 so i chosed php4 installation.

after upgrading when I click on any link it displays nothing and when i check the path it see it is pointing to for example index.php as opposed to index.php4.

My question is does that mean if I had php from the beginning i have to stick with that? or can I change my download file type?

I hope this helps sorry

Comment

Stick with php and do not use php4.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok isnt php4 like an upgrade from php? or doesnt it make any difference?
          Do you think I should just make a clean install instead of upgrade, and if I do a clean install how do I get my database of users, forums and few other files on the old site to the new one?

thanks for helping so fast

Comment

It's just a file extension. Just stick with php and you'll be fine.

The latter info is new. What exactly are you trying to do - move servers?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

all i'm trying to do is upgrade or do a clean install to vb 3.5.3 but to still be able to have my forums, threads, posts, users and some other files

Comment

Then you just need to run through the upgrade process. Please view the upgrade documentation here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/u...rsion=30500500

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X