Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I install the forum on my Homepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I install the forum on my Homepage?

Hi,

I have transferred my forum to a new website. I have been trying to install it on the homepage ie: PostYourFREEadsHere.com. But when I rename the upload folder to either index, or forum. you have to type in postyourfreeadshere.com/index or you have to type in postyourfreeadshere.com/forum in order to access the forum.

So how do I set it up so all you have to do is go to my main index page to access the forums?

Thanks,

Jeff Smith

Move all the files and subdirectories from /forum to the root directory / and all should be well. Then delete the /forum dir since it will be empty.

Comment

Don't move anything.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL, type "/index.php". Then move your forum "index.php" file ONLY to the root directory.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Well in that case, and according to the help file for 'Forum URL', you need to type the correct URL, not index.php by itself.

--

Forum URL
        This is the URL to your vBulletin forum, without the final "/" or "index.php". Examples of correct URLs:

http://www.example.com
        http://www.example.com/forum

Examples of incorrect URLs:

http://www.example.com/ (should not have final slash)
        http://www.example.com/forum/index.php (should not have final slash or index.php)

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help, but neither of those worked.

Anyone else?

Comment

Did you edit your forum path inside config.php file?
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

no, what should I edit it to? index.php? and then set it up like you said in your first post?

Comment

I renamed the path to: /home/jeffsmi/public_html/index.php

Then

When I tried to rename the forum URL in the CP to either index.php or postyourfreeads.com/index.php and moving the index.php file to the forum root folder I get this error message:

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jeffsmi/public_html/index.php on line 55

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jeffsmi/public_html/index.php on line 55

I even tried placing the forum folder in the root folder and still got nothing...

Surly it cant be that hard to do? I have seen it done before.

Anyone else got any ideas or personally done this before?
                Last edited by JeffSmith; Mon 9 Jan '06, 2:03am.

Comment

You need to move all the vBulletin files out of /index/ or /forum/ into the root directory /public_html/ and make sure all your options like the homepage link and any references to the homepage in config.php just point to your domain.
                  Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

Hey man, It actually worked!

Thanks Big Time,

Jeff Smith

Comment

Worked good for me too, thanks! I love this site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X